As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for 'Most Innovative Use of AI' from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You'll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You enjoy being hands-on and are passionate about Sales Operations or Business planning to help drive strategic analytics and insights for go-to-market and sales leadership teams. You know your way around large complex data sets and know how to work cross-functionally to discover insights and turn them into actionable business recommendations.
You're highly analytical and are always looking for ways to improve processes and increase productivity. You love solving hard problems and can independently structure and draw insights from ambiguous challenges. You're a thought partner that values building strong relationships across an organization. You have the ability to think globally and strategically, and then roll up your sleeves to execute.
You'll develop and use data analytics to inform and impact our go-to-market strategy globally. In this highly analytical role, you'll help build the core sales infrastructure and analytics foundation including goal setting, measuring performance, lead targeting, territory carving, headcount and compensation design, strategic planning and much more!
- Identify areas of operational inefficiencies across Sales, Account Management, and Customer Success and turn data-driven insights into trends
- Perform reporting and analysis on core go-to-market KPIs such as productivity, conversion rates, average deal size, and customer retention - providing key insights for driving our go-to-market strategy
- Frame and break down complex business problems into key components, design analyses to drive insights and answers to critical questions, and recommend practical solutions to get results
- Experiment with, launch, and test initiatives while measuring their impact
- Develop processes and automation to drive improvements across sales platforms, tools, and new solutions
- Support Sales Leadership in strategic operational planning and ensure decisions align with overall company sales approach and goals
- Develop innovative methodologies to answer strategic questions across the organization and empower others to apply your recommendations and solutions
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in analytical field or equivalent work experience
- Logical thinker with superior quantitative, analytical, project management and organizational skills required.
- Show excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to translate and communicate complex concepts to non-technical audiences
- 5-7 years of experience in Sales Analysis, Business Operations and/or Data Analysis in a similar role
- Background in SaaS or a recurring customer subscription model company a plus
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and creating analysis for business scenarios that may not be clearly defined upfront and require iterative problem-solving approaches with business teams
- Strong expertise with Excel,Google Sheets, relational databases, and BI tools such as Looker
- Experience with Salesforce (Clari a plus) and a proven track record of analyzing data and building models using Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to oversee multiple, simultaneous solutions executed cross-functionally
- Self-starter mentality and entrepreneurial spirit with a strong drive for excellence and delivery of results
- Experience with data management and an understanding of data transformation and visualization techniques to drive insights and data-driven decision making
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
...and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law .
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian -based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.