We’re looking for a Sales Strategy team member who will help drive Dropbox’s next phase of growth in sales. You will define & support sales processes, report on and analyze revenue, and work on continuous process re-engineering and problem solving. This job isn’t just about operations and analytics - it’s also about communicating insights to the business, and shaping the data you’ll be working with in future.
In your role you will also take up a broad spectrum of special projects and work with a wide variety of stakeholders tackling problems like market prioritization, designing sales territories and cutting books of business, and maintaining and reporting on new sales enhancement processes / platforms and tools. Your job will also include in-depth quantitative analysis of key Dropbox metrics with particular focus on problem solving and creation of scaled systems and processes.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, independent thinker, deeply analytical and detail-oriented, but capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You do not shy away from rolling up your sleeves, slicing and dicing massive sets of information, and creating solutions to problems that have not been tackled yet.Responsibilities
- Work on high priority initiatives including (but not limited to) strategic planning, territory optimization, sales incentive design, process optimization, forecast modeling
- Work closely with other team members and the business to further develop metrics, KPIs, and insight that provides performance improvement
- Partner closely with senior sales leadership to develop actionable, measurable projects that accelerate sales growth and improve sales effectiveness
- Partner with sales teams on business planning, strategy, and process improvement for their respective sales areas
- Partner with systems teams to ensure our data and tools scale with the teams
- Relentlessly search for ways to scale your efforts through automation and dashboarding
- Role does not include people management; potential for future management opportunities may be explored
- 3 - 6 years experience as strategic project / program lead in consulting, B2B software (ideally SaaS), or a high-growth technology firm
- Strong SQL and Excel skills - deep experience and enthusiasm for pulling and manipulating data, and communicating insights to business partners
- Excellent at planning and project management – ability to look ahead to meet regular deadlines and prevent last minute fire drills
- Strong desire to take initiative; you thrive on change and are comfortable with ambiguity
- Happy to shift from strategic thinking to rolling up your sleeves and supporting implementation
- Experience working with Salesforce.com, and developing analysis based on CRM data in a scalable manner is a plus