Sales Solution Consultant Specialist at FIS (Richmond, VA)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS has an extensive suite of technology solutions and managed services to cover all the operational needs of today's hedge funds, regardless of strategy or size.
With innovative solutions and flexible services covering the front-to-back-office needs of hedge funds, you can focus on your core competencies and unleash your growth potential.
What you will be doing
Plays an integral role in the sales process utilizing in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff in uncovering prospect requirements and identifying product functionality gaps to develop, recommend, and package the best possible products/solutions and/or services for client prospects through sales presentations, product demonstrations and proofs of concept. The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Establish a global view of the suite, agreed with all stakeholders across CM
- Build a skills map of all members of the team and identify training needs and/or opportunities to give people more.
- Ensure that all members of the team can speak confidently to all elements of the solution/suite (upskilling)
- Ensure bi-directional feedback and coordination with the product and GTM teams
- Ensure that we have stable demo environments for all elements of their suite
- Leverage the proposed support function to ensure that we have coordinated data in each environment to be able to tell the story of suite integration
- Build a view of deals sold in 2020 by region, and establish a mechanism for accurately tacking appropriate deals in Dynamics going forward, including a set of metrics that can be used for measuring success
- Ensure that we are resourcing deals with the best team and the right time
What you bring:
- Liquid and illiquid alternatives industry experience and subject matter expertise
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage projects with tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Work with internal stakeholders such as Sales, Product Management, and Professional Services and other organizations to help develop and progress sales opportunities
- Ability to converse with a wide variety of audiences including end users of the software as well as technology teams and C-level decision makers
- Proficient with enterprise software in general with strong understanding of technical concepts
- >3 years of experience minimum in a presales role
Added bonus if you have:
The appropriate candidate may also have current or previous work experience as a user, sales engineer, product manager or professional services for any of the systems listed:
- FIS Private Capital Suite
This role requires 20%-40% travel
What we offer you
- Training across core financial, sales and FIS solutions
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A fantastic range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover and ESPP
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.