Sales Operations Specialist at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:31 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, April 7, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
As a member of our Sales Strategy and Operations team, you will have an integral role in driving the insights, operations, and strategy that enables Sales to run better, faster, and smarter. Sales Strategy and Operations is an excellent platform to learn how a business really runs. Prior candidates that our leadership team has worked with have gone on to be VPs and COOs of companies.
As a Sales Operations Specialist, you will be joining the Sales Strategy and Operations team as a generalist, gaining exposure to a wide variety of challenges, processes, and data that makes the engine of this Sales organization hum.
- Maintain and improve our Sales & Marketing database, which is the foundation upon which the rest of the Sales organization runs. Focus areas include: general data integrity, managing our data vendors and ad hoc list requests, executing internal processes, and more.
- Provide insights to support our Sales professionals by creating reports and dashboards, running analysis, and assist with internal processes to accelerate the deal cycle.
- Since we're still in scrappy startup mode, there's a lot of rolling up your sleeves and getting into the weeds to drive direct impact on a daily basis. We knock out today's problems while also balancing our need to build for the long-term.
- You’ll be working in Salesforce and Google Sheets / Excel on a daily basis, while also talking frequently with our stakeholders in sales, marketing, ops, product, finance, and more to help troubleshoot systems issues, review insights from our analyses, and build future-state processes and systems.
- Process and operational thinking: you can tackle a problem independently and quickly iterate to a solution, and then also document it in a way that's easy to understand for all audiences. Previous Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Attention to detail: you’re a stickler for ensuring every single piece of a process or analysis is built out correctly.
- Strong analytical skills: you nerd out about data, can quickly structure analyses to answer key business questions to drive decision-making, and will also have perspectives on building the right data architecture. Excel analysis and modeling skills are a must (familiarity with pivot tables, lookup functions, etc.); SQL / Tableau / Looker experience a plus.
- Communication and stakeholder management: you are able to connect with sales reps and software engineers alike to figure out how we build the right processes and workflows to drive efficiency while also giving us the data to measure how we're doing. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- 1-3 years’ professional experience, ideally in consulting, finance, or a startup. Bachelors or masters from a top school preferred.
- Previous Sales or Sales Operations experience a plus.
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description