Sales Operations Specialist, Spectrum Enterprise at Spectrum (Charlotte, NC)
- Are you a client-focused and growth-motivated professional talented in supporting sales operations by expediting sales contracts and order related activities?
- Can you commit to a support position empowering sales teams to achieve their objectives by ensuring they focus on selling and acquiring new business?
- Do you desire competitive compensation with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
You ensure client satisfaction by entering, handling, expediting and escalating order and contract-related activities for moderately complex orders. As the Sales Operations Specialist, you propel company growth by ratifying orders for completeness, accuracy and commission eligibility. You excel at providing post-sales monitoring, escalation and resolution support. You accelerate the sales cycle and improve order accuracy by coaching and mentoring sales professionals.
You focus on consistent, high-performance support of increased sales activity and productivity. As an experienced sales support professional, you possess an expert knowledge of Spectrum Enterprise products. You support orders across multiple systems and implement intricate solutions to complex issues. You thrive in an office environment assisting clients and the sales team. You report to the Supervisor of Sales Operations for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
- Formal training.
What you will do:
- Be an impactful sales team member by actively and consistently supporting all efforts to simplify and enhance the client experience.
- Increase sales by performing pre-and post-sale activities for moderately complex orders and managing a portfolio of in-flight proposals and orders.
- Ensure a successful sales cycle by maintaining operational product knowledge, product requirements, service pricing, sales promotions and capital approval policies and processes.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and sales orders by capturing client, contact, product, price and other order information while identifying and correcting discrepancies.
- Initiate the installation process by creating new orders, service and billing accounts, sales opportunities, service requests and client records.
- Monitor dashboards and reports to advance orders, identify and initiate activities to be performed by other departments, escalate delays to stakeholders and resolve rejected orders.
- Determine the serviceability of client locations through assessments of available services, site surveys, construction cost estimate evaluations and process orders in alignment with capital policies.
- Review and interpret order entry matrices to determine correct client resource management (CRM) system order entry and identify opportunity and system-related errors.
- Assess the return on investment (ROI) models, identify sites in the design configuration and validate against the ROI.
- Improve sales by preparing enticing client proposals and contracts in compliance with product requirements, to include ensuring special legal terms and conditions.
- Ensure appropriate billing codes are entered into the CRM system by reviewing and interpreting billing codes.
- Evaluate order details, determine the correct order processing path and categorize accurately to ensure Operations can initiate next steps for order implementation and fulfillment.
- Execute order processes with moderately complex engineering functions using an understanding of engineering requirements.
- Mitigate fiscal risks by initiating pricing and seeking financial approval requests.
- Evaluate sales orders to ensure compliance with established business rules and processes, identify errors and correct as needed.
- Boost sales team productivity by ratifying orders for commission eligibility.
- Promote efficiency company-wide by coaching sales representatives on order flow, CRM system functionality and use, product requirements and pricing policies.
- Identify system and order defects with Billing, Construction and other applications, and assist with order triage efforts by initiating steps and managing order resolution.
- Resolve moderately complex commission related disputes and ensure revenue assurance by working with Sales teams.
- Perform additional duties related to the position as assigned.
Required keys for success:
- One year of project coordination experience.
- Three or more years of data entry experience.
- Three or more years of sales support or client service work experience.
- Three or more years of commercial business-to-business (B2B) and client relationship management (CRM) platform experience.
- Three or more years of B2B billing platform experience.
- History of effectively explaining tools, processes and business rules while answering questions from members of other departments.
- Knowledge and ability to navigate and utilize multiple CRM, billing and other systems, toggling between applications while fielding inbound calls and responding to instant messages.
- Track record of building orders and understanding and selecting appropriate Salesforce billing codes with a high degree of accuracy.
- Solid critical thinking skills that can resolve issues where standardization may not exist.
- Ability to identify order errors and system defects, conduct triage and escalate as needed.
- Demonstrated client orientation through responsiveness, tracking and follow-up.
- Team-oriented with the ability to handle requests and resolve issues in a high-demand and fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize, organize and make decisions while working under pressure.
- Sound judgment, initiative and sense of urgency to accomplish job duties.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- One year of telecommunications or cable industry experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent (required).
- College course work in a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (preferred).