Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
We're seeking a Sales Operation Manager to help us develop our compensation plans from the ground up! This is an exciting position as we are looking for someone to be creative and build compensation plans that will scale as we continue our rapid growth.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
In this role you will
- Build compensation model across several sales teams from the individual contributor (IC) to director level
- Set monthly/quarterly quota attainment, multipliers, decelerator/accelerators
- Partner closely with Finance & Payroll to create a monthly process around commission payouts
- Work closely with the sales team and drive towards simple, scalable process-solutions for day-to-day problems
- Write and maintain documentation for sales operation processes
- Produce and maintain reports/dashboards that accelerate information-to-action at scale
- Drive process improvement, adoption, and effectiveness
- Implement and manage sales automation tools to ensure the sales team has the tools they need to be successful
- Ensure data accuracy across all of our tooling platforms (Salesforce, Front, Dialpad, etc)
- Launch experiments and develop business cases for different revenue strategies for Homeward
What you'll bring:
- 4+ years of experience in a sales support, compensation role, and/or analytical role in a high-growth environment
- Confident and positive attitude with high resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within ambiguity to get the job done (execution, execution, execution)
- Great communicator - propensity to translate technical information or complex concepts and speak to them in a clear and effective way to internal & external stakeholders
- Be a data junkie that knows what quality data means and help the team design & improve it
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with cross-functional teams
- This is a hands-on position; the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up one’s sleeves”
Nice to have:
- Experience with SQL & Salesforce
- Knowledge of real estate industry
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.