Sales Operations Manager – Americas at Cricut (Salt Lake City, UT)
Cricut® is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space, and let’s face it, if it’s going to be done right, you have to do it yourself! Cricut is recognized as one of the craft industry’s forerunners in innovation and design and for good reason. The “Cricut” is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that empowers our talented users to design their own projects by cutting intricate patterns with over 100 different materials ranging from paper and cardstock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather.
Using our cloud-based Design Space® software, our customers weld, slice, and finagle shapes and images of all sizes using digital content from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, posters, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Science projects that win ribbons and get A’s, check! Valentine Cards that make your lover melt? You bet. Quilts? You mean you don’t have to be a grandma to sew a quilt? The possibilities are endless. If anyone is telling themselves, creativity is not my forte—well, we’ve got that covered too. Our customers can select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials, and the digital content that makes it all possible.Job Description
Support assigned merchandising categories & retailers by maintaining inventory levels appropriate & timely to meet sales objectives. Maximize profitability by meeting inventory turn goals as well as managing the exit of discontinued product. Successful management of orders and flow of goods that align to customer specific requirements (routing guides). Provide reporting on inventory issues and detailed resolution. Efficiently communicate with Sales and Operations to ensure performance and achieve problem resolution.
1. Communicate with Sales, Merchandising & Operations Team to support the accurate
and timely ordering and transfer of goods to retail partner stores, DC’s and .com. 35
2. Analysis – Work closely with sales team to ensure support of out of line space,
multiple locations and promotional activities. Also provide sales analysis for inventory
levels on discontinued product to minimize markdowns while maintaining service goals. 15
3. Communication – Communicate and partner with demand planners, wholesale
management, sales, merchandising and necessary operations team, and product teams
for all inventory related issues. Provide realistic solutions.
4. Order Management – Working with Cricut order processing team, ensure that
customer purchase orders are executed as per the customer supply chain requirements.
Manage and minimize supply chain related customer chargebacks.
5. Inventory Management – Working with Sales Director, Sales Support team and
Inventory Management team to review analysis of inventory levels of POG merchandise.
6. Buying team integration – Actively works with all buying team members to create a
positive and pro-active working environment.
- Works closely with sales, sales support and inventory management teams to ensure inventory levels both support financial objectives and meet in stock goals.
- Maintain proper set up and continued sku maintenance / review of Item and vendor parameters in the Automatic Replenishment system.
- Ensure timely and accurate orders and transfers for POG merchandise categories to both stores and DC’s.
- Develop and implement necessary unique replenishment tactics on trend or highly seasonal categories / items.
- Support efforts to revive or exit troubled or down trending categories
- Partner with Demand Planners, Sales, and planning teams to review inventory for upcoming sets as well as exiting product and new product.
- Create/Manage sell-through forecasts by product line for Quarter +2 per key retailer assigned to support.
- Provide data to planning team to monitor future inventory receipts vs. financial plan.
- Review data with sales/channel teams on key items to ensure support of sales during peak season and promo opportunities.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of changes made to replenishment parameters to allow thorough review of impact and success of those changes.
- Provide weekly update on status of key inventory issues.
- Provide updates on key inventory metrics vs. goals.
- Build and maintain a positive working relationship with sales and ops and all cross functional teams.
- Proactively communicate any SBA inventory issues with Sales/Sales Support to allow for best resolution.
- Communicate with retail partners on any issues impacting support of POG product for features or promotions.
- Manage vendor performance through appropriate communication involving sales / merchant teams and all inventory managers as necessary.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge in JDA FULFILLMENT, EXCEL, BAAM, RETEK, all assigned retailer Portals and ACCESS.
- Support the Sales Goals / Budget
- Support gross margin / contribution margin objectives
- Reduce overstock and increase inventory productivity
- Ensure inventory levels are in support of achieving financial objectives
- Fill rate
- Inventory turns; stock to sales ratios
- · Accuracy and Quality of feature space sets
- · Meeting forecasted financial results for approved projects
Category Applicable Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Minimum level of formal education:
BS in Business, Finance, Retail or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Area of study: Business preferred
- Special certification or technical skills: High grade in MS Excel/Access abilities; PC literate
- Minimum years experience required: 3 – 4 years in retail support center environment, 1 – 2 years of replenishment preferred
- Type of experience the job requires: Retail experience required – Replenishment experience preferred
Analytical thinking Detail oriented Strong communication skills
Go Getter / Trailblazer Strong time management skills Strong organizational skills Strong decision-making abilityAdditional Information
What to Do Next: Please send us a resume, portfolio and a cover telling us why you are the ideal candidate. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Insta, GitHub or fan pages made because of you). If you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!