ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
Do you constantly have incredibly thoughtful, data-driven, and impactful recommendations on the desk of your VP of Sales? If you are someone who is always thinking on their own - using data to help come up with solutions and are looking for an amazing company to bring your great ideas and have them used - you’ve found it!
We have two business units (Supply and Demand), six distinct business lines, 50+ sales reps, and process thousands of leads per week. We are coming out of the pandemic smashing our goals, and are on a killer track for 2022, and are looking to double every aspect of our sales operations by the end of this year.
Our yardstick for performance is how many tuna melts we sell on the internet, but we truly believe that HOW we sell them is going to become the gold standard for building sales organizations in the future. Really - we fully believe this - we want to be the absolute best sales organization in Boston.
- Report directly to the Head of Catering Partner Business and support sales leadership across supply sales (catering partners) and our enterprise sales division (corporate accounts and Relish products)
- Take over and manage an existing team of 4 Sales Operation Specialists, with opportunity to grow the team as we scale
- Be responsible for 3 main pillars, including: Strategy: be responsible for analysis, reporting, & forecasting; Administrative and Operations: Help develop comp & incentive plans, manage communication channels, as well as onboarding and training; Process & Performance: help select and adopt key metrics, optimize the sales process, and implement & train on other sales tools
- Manage all lead sources and lists, calculate and report success/failure rates, and then ask why
- Optimize, measure, and test how to best assign leads to our various sales teams and proactively come up with better ways to optimize our sales efforts
- Be able to communicate with salespeople, operations people, and stakeholders from various organizations in the business (like Marketing, Customer Service, and Product)
- A data-driven machine
- Curious on how things work
- Organize everything in your life for maximum efficiency
- Can’t stand inefficiency
- Find yourself saying “that is mathematically the indisputable best way to do that”
- Have clear vision to be able to invent things that don’t exist
- An Excel expert (SQL would be even better!)
- Pride yourself on your attention to detail
- See the forest through the trees (you recognize the big picture in all focused tasks and analysis)
- Prioritize what’s best for the project owner, team, and company
- Incredibly persistent, and uncover problem areas without direction
Starting Salary Range: $164,000 - $223,000
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.