Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a Sales Strategy and Operations leader to play a critical role in building and scaling our renewals sales organization. The role includes partnering with sales, operations, and technical leadership to optimize the performance of our renewals cycle by implementing and managing processes for renewals planning, forecasting, and operational excellence.
The ideal candidate has experience at a high-growth B2B Saas company, preferably public, with $1B+ in revenue and is passionate about being part of a fast-paced, fast-growing company.In this role, you will:
- Partner with fast-growing Global Renewal Sales Organization by providing actionable insights into business drivers, financial performance and risks
- Develop and evolve key performance metrics to help drive sales productivity
- Build and maintain processes and reporting enhancements through Salesforce reports/dashboards
- Own reporting on renewal bookings, pipeline, and forecasts on a quarterly and annual basis
- Contribute to strategic headcount, quota, and incentive planning
- Analyze team performance and develop recommendations for improving renewal rates, increasing revenue, identifying more upsell opportunities, and reducing sales cycle time
- Collaborate with sales leadership to prepare executive collateral: including memos, sales kickoff slides, business reviews, and executive presentations
- Drive operational excellence by establishing highly repeatable and scalable sales processes that can be implemented across regions/segments to maximize renewed dollars
- Drive renewals strategy through the development of operational playbooks, cross-functional alignment, and execution of change management
- Provide timely and effective sales support; establish and meet or exceed SLAs, and develop a methodology to identify and prioritize process and system improvements, including sales productivity tools
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years of work experience working in an operational or strategic role supporting sales organizations, of which 2+ years of experience with Renewal functions closing $100M+ ARR
- Experience in designing, implementing, and scaling processes and policies for renewal functions
- Comfort with performing analytical work with large data sets to perform modeling, forecasting, and sales analyses, experience in consulting, investment banking, or other highly quantitative roles
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Tableau, and other sales tech stack
- Experience working with executive leadership and partnering with sales leadership
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Advanced decision-making skills, including the ability to be proactive and adapt quickly
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.