Sales Operations Analyst at FiscalNote (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:04 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, May 11, 2022
About this Position
As we work towards our mission of connecting the world to their government, you will be jumping headfirst into helping drive the success of FiscalNote. You will be supporting key priorities across the sales and service organization and executing directly on high leverage needs as the sales operations team expands to meet the growing business.
FiscalNote’s Sales Operations Analyst is a multifaceted jane or jack of all trades who thrives in an exciting environment. The main focus for this role will be using Salesforce.com for reporting and metrics and will include making contributions to territory management, Salesforce.com improvements, the commissions' process, and collaborating closely with other teams.
About the Sales Operations Team
The Sales Operations team supports and enables our revenue teams to sell and serve more effectively and efficiently. By managing internal systems, technology, and processes, this team ensures our Business Development team has what it needs to be successful. Beyond the day-to-day support of the revenue teams, the Sales Operations team is integral to corporate strategy by providing insightful analysis to inform data-driven decision-making.
Analytical. Driven. Empathetic. Intelligent. You have a sharp eye for detail that allows you to generate actionable data. Your previous managers describe you as a critical thinker, who creates new ways to solve problems and stops at nothing to ensure that information is as accurate as possible. You artfully balance the need to evolve with the changing requirements of the business with the structure necessary to manage sales operations at scale. With these shifting priorities, you are a pro at managing your time and setting expectations with your stakeholders as to appropriate deadlines. Comfortable working cross-functionally, you are able to tailor your communication style and narrative to suit the needs of the audience - be it a front-line representative or a member of the Board.
What To Expect In This Role:
- Use Salesforce.com to run reports and create dashboards for key stakeholders
- Answer questions over Chatter in Salesforce.com to help resolve questions and issues from internal teams
- Generate and analyze data, metrics, and reports to deliver actionable insights to Business Development leadership, the executive team, and the Board of Directors
- Conduct analysis of sales, renewals, and client consumption data to improve sales cycles, renewals, win rates, and other critical metrics that drive improved sales performance
- Manage multiple priorities across the span of sales operations to support sales growth and retention
- Support Business Development leadership with strategic and tactical support requests
- Partner closely with our finance team to accurately and promptly verify sales data
- Verify contracts and customer information as needed for reporting
- Own weekly executive reporting to ensure clear communication on sales and account management team performance
- Own reporting used to drive day-to-day activities and priorities
- Partner with account management to drive reporting and other uses of data to enhance client management efforts
Your First 6 Months:
- Month 1: Learn FiscalNote
- Develop an understanding of the FiscalNote customer lifecycle, sales process, and product suite
- Learn our Salesforce infrastructure for reporting
- Master FiscalNote’s contracting process
- Months 2 - 3: Apply Knowledge & Document Processes
- Build reports for operational use
- Support contracting inquiries
- Develop an understanding of how business development practices align with corporate financial reporting
- Months 4 - 6: Manage Projects
- Continue support with reporting and contracting
- Begin taking ownership of select projects such as commissions calculations, territory management, and/or vendor and partnership management
What Sets You Apart:
- 1-4 years of experience involving sales operations, finance, or data analysis
- Deep knowledge of Salesforce.com (required) Certifications are a plus
- Experience on a revenue-generating team
- Discretion with sensitive material and communications
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets capabilities, including but not limited to advanced formulas (lookups, index-match, etc), pivot tables, data analysis, and visualization
- Understanding of software/SaaS companies and principles (subscription mechanisms around churn, retention, etc…)
- Undergraduate degree or related experience
Reference ID: #LI-PD1
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNote’s growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.
More Information on FiscalNote
FiscalNote operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Washington, WA. FiscalNote was founded in 2013. It has 370 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 40 open jobs at FiscalNote, click here.
Read Full Job Description