Sales Manager, Payroll at Homebase
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. We are not Human Capital Management. We are not HR Software. We’re tools built for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on paperwork and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
- You love selling, especially great products that are helping people and making lives better
- You are a hands on leader who is highly-data driven, but you dive in deep to ensure the story the data is telling matches the reality on the ground
- You are a thoughtful leader who inspires and mentors your team, your colleagues and and others in the organization
- You love understanding how things work - and how they break - in a never-ending journey to eek out just a little more value for your customer and your team
- You need to be challenged to do your best work. It’s not worth working on if it’s not ambitious and hard
- You set big goals for yourself and your team, and you accelerate the path to accomplishing them
- You’re an entrepreneurial thinker and leader who wants to have an impact on local businesses and the lives of hourly workers
As a Payroll Sales Manager, you are responsible for helping to scale our Payroll Sales function to ensure Homebase hits and exceeds the revenue targets for our Payroll Business while delivering industry-leading sales experience and revenue-per-person efficiency. You will play a direct role in ensuring that your team is set-up to succeed, which will include hands-on coaching/mentoring, problem solving, cross-functional alignment and someone who enjoys building relationships.
During this journey you’ll be responsible not just for building a scalable function, but also hiring and developing talent. You don’t need to be an expert at Payroll - though it’s a plus - but you do need to be a rock star at inside sales.
As our Payroll offering was launched in 2021, this is the chance to take on a highly entrepreneurial role and build something from the ground up. It will be challenging, and that’s why you want it.
- Help the team hit their revenue and sales efficiency metrics to ensure the Homebase Payroll business scales rapidly and efficiently
- Partner with product and engineering to design and implement systems to improve efficiency and accuracy for payroll sales
- Work with payroll operations to develop “customer-first” processes ensuring industry-leading set-up experiences and a “win-win” environment for sales and operations
- Create a culture of feedback so that product and marketing teams hear the “voice of the customer” in all their decision making
- Develop the sales skills of your direct reports. Your presence should accelerate the development and career aspirations of those reporting to you
- Create a team culture that is highly-connected to the mission of helping small businesses and their teams
- 2+ years managing high-volume inside sales, preferably within a high growth SaaS company
- Deep sales skillset including managing to team to quota, pipeline management, objection handling, coaching team members and CRM experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to hard problems - making sound decisions on how to roll out new systems and processes in a iterative manner
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize among competing opportunities and to articulate your point of view on priorities
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Resourceful, self-motivated and able to be successful in an entrepreneurial team-based environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Affinity for local businesses
- Experience selling payroll or benefits is a huge plus
- Gets shit done - Moves quickly and with urgency to deliver results. Strong bias to action.
- Strong work ethic - Willing to work hard and put in the time to accomplish outsized goals.
- Learning mindset - Proactive in personal development. Highly curious and driven to learn.
- Sets a high bar - Expects personal and team performances to be world-class.
- Humble - Delivers exceptional results without an ego. Shares credit broadly.
- Team Player - Collaborative. Motivates and creates positive environments for colleagues and teams.
What We Offer You
- Stock Options - everyone is an owner
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- 401(k) program +4% company match
- Remote work with hybrid option in multiple locations
- Top-of-the-line equipment and home office $$
- Annual Holidays and Accrued PTO
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team
- Fun company activities
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.