Sales Manager - EPFR at Informa (Remote)
EPFR – a subsidiary of Informa PLC – is the leading provider of fund flows and fund manager positioning data, who for over 20 years have offered a timely view of changing investor sentiment, helping institutional clients generate alpha through both quantitative and discretionary investment signals. The market leading EPFR brand is looking for a Sales Executive to join their team.Job Description
Role Overview – Sales Executive, EMEA Sellside
Continued growth in demand for EPFR’s flows, allocations and holdings data products mean an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales Executive to join EPFR’s EMEA sales team based in London.
EPFR is looking for a driven self-starter, who thrives in an entrepreneurial sales environment whilst also works well as part of a collaborative team. The successful candidate will have a positive and proactive attitude, with some experience in developing new and existing client relationships, preferably within the institutional financial services market. The candidate should also be comfortable in dealing with clients and prospects both over the phone and in person, enjoy collaborating with internal business stakeholders, and managing the end-to-end sales process from lead generation and qualification through to contract signature.
The role is based in our spacious, modern and centrally located office in London’s Blackfriars, with excellent amenities and transport links.
- Manage and drive new business sales measured against predefined individual and team targets
- Adopt a consultative approach to finding, understanding, and articulating value propositions for individual prospects, working closely with internal stakeholders such as the Account Management, Product and Research teams, to ensure maximum value provided to sales prospects & customers
- Become a product and solutions expert for relevant market segment
- Effectively manage and forecast pipeline activities as well as maintain all relevant client engagement materials
- Organise and participate in sales roadshows requiring travel across the EMEA region
- Help grow and maintain relationships with both new and existing clients and in doing so assist in supporting EPFR and Informa’s overall growth strategy
Preferred experience & background in:
- Selling subscription-based products, preferably to the institutional financial services market
- Economics or another finance related discipline to bachelor degree level
- Successfully developing a white space segment of a target marketplace
- Managing consultative sales processes from start to finish, and meeting and exceeding both short term and longer-term sales targets
- Sales origination and lead generation through to commercial negotiations, closing sales and ongoing relationship management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and day to day organizational ability
- Developing relationships with both internal and external senior level stakeholders
- Multitasking, prioritising and managing time efficiently and effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a high degree of project management ability
- Proficiency or exposure to Salesforce or other similar CRM systems would be an advantage
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills a must
What we offer;
- A competitive compensation package, including an excellent base salary in line with individual experience and an above base incentive-based compensation package.
- International travel as and when required
- Rated as one of the top 5 large companies to work for in the UK, we also offer a world class career development program, as well as an award-winning flexible benefits package.
Why work for Informa?
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your Birthday!
- Central office in Central London with a rooftop terrace, views of Central London and a variety of restaurants and amenities nearby
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training for development
- Life assurance
- Other flexible benefits include Healthcare, Cycle to Work scheme and Season Ticket Loans
- 5% Pension match
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular Social Events and Networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.