Sales Manager, Customer Growth at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The Upwork Enterprise Suite makes it easy for organizations to grow distributed teams and manage complex work strategies through our on-demand remote talent platform. As a member of the Enterprise Management Team you will oversee a team of Account Managers who are responsible for uncovering new expansion opportunities and growing overall client adoption within assigned portfolios. This is a quota-carrying role where you will make a visible impact within the enterprise zone. This is a true career opportunity with tremendous professional upside.
- Recruit and lead Enterprise Account Managers, building a high performance culture through talent management, coaching, directing account strategy and training
- Oversee the development of growth plans and expansion strategies to increase adoption within mid to large sized customers
- Build detailed, accurate and predictable pipeline and sales forecast to achieve quota attainment
- Spearhead customer satisfaction efforts and contribute to overall customer success, retention and growth amongst your team’s portfolios
- Own objective setting, coaching and performance monitoring of tenured sales professionals
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Previous experience leading a quota-carrying sales team, with proven success delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to execution
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Strong business and industry expertise
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.