More than just another app, Hologram delivers internet to physical devices on the move all over the world. It's a different kind of customer challenge, and we're committed to building the best Solutions and Support team to deliver value to our customers.
Sales Engineers work closely with our Account Executives as the technical lead during the sales process. As a strategic resource that can solve complex use cases, you will proactively push deals forward by overcoming technical obstacles and developing solutions around Hologram's products. Leveraging your expertise in cellular connectivity and the Internet of Things, you will become a trusted technical partner to our prospects during the sales cycle. As an early Sales Engineering hire, you will partner with both Sales and Engineering leaders to develop Hologram's Sales Engineering practice and processes.
- Act as subject matter expert for Hologram's products (connectivity and software) and expertly communicate Hologram's value proposition
- Partner with Account Executives in closing opportunities by providing end-to-end IoT expertise which can include hardware selection, firmware, product architecture, and certifications
- Lead the technical pre-sales relationship by providing guidance on technical architecture, demonstrating Hologram's products, mitigating technical concerns or obstacles, and building customer trust in Hologram
- Maintain a high level of expertise in IoT technologies and industry trends
- Provide guidance and advice to prospects while they test Hologram's product offering
- Collaborate with Sales and Engineering leaders to build repeatable technical sales processes and strategies that fuel positive outcomes for prospects throughout their journey with Hologram
- 4+ years of pre-sales engineering experience selling complex technical products
- You have a proven history of quickly mastering new technologies and technical concepts
- You take broad goals and turn them into specific plans, work through obstacles, and make good decisions along the way
- You move fast to care for customer needs and solve bigger problems
- You have excellent communication skills and can explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- You love to help customers in need and will go the extra mile to ensure Hologram delivers phenomenal experiences at every touch point
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching early career sales engineers and may be considering a people leadership role in the future.
- Knowledge of cellular networking, RATs, and communication protocols
- Familiarity or working experience with cellular certifications, AT commands, radio modules, and modems
Hologram is a fun, fast-paced, and remote-first team united by our core values of ownership, transparency, and mindfulness. We trust you to do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members and empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
As part of our team, you'll receive:
- Competitive, transparent pay and equity. The salary range for this role is $125,000-$159,000 for an average cost of living city. (For candidates in the highest cost-of-living cities like San Francisco and New York, compensation rises to better meet your costs.)
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling
- 100% coverage of your medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits (and 80% for your family members!)
- 14 weeks of family leave
- Unlimited books, e-books, and audiobooks for continuous learning
- Generous home office setup stipend
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — Hologram is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive.
Together we’re building something great: a way to help everyone – and everything – stay online and connected.What to expect in the interview process:
- 30-minute introductory interview
- 45-minute interview with the Head of Solutions Engineering
- 45-minute interview with the VP of Sales
- 3-4 Zoom interviews with members of the Sales, Solutions Engineering, and Revenue teams
If you share our values and our passion for connecting the world, we’d love to review your application! For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected]
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, please still consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.