Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000+ employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
As a Sales Engineer at Dataiku, you’ll leverage your technical expertise and communication skills to help prospective customers solve business challenges. You’ll join a collaborative, customer-focused team that has contributed to some of Dataiku's most important sales - with companies whose names you hear and products you use everyday. Our team strives to best serve our customers and ensure their success. If you want to help us evangelize Dataiku’s vision, we invite you to apply to this customer-facing role.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as trusted technical advisor to prospective customers and become an expert on Dataiku’s product offerings
- Communicate and showcase Dataiku’s business and technical value proposition, technical differentiation, and integration points with existing customer technical ecosystem/workflows
- Drive technical sales relationships and own the customer’s success during presales activities
- Partner with Account Executive, Business Development Representative and Sales Management Team to qualify revenue opportunities
- Communicate customer priorities across cross-functional teams at Dataiku, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Success
- Lead discovery meetings to understand and uncover customer business/technical challenges and existing technology stack
- Conduct and coordinate Dataiku demonstrations, Proofs-of-Concept (POC), and evaluations to demonstrate the business value articulated in the usage scenarios to prove that Dataiku delivers the needed value and ROI better than our competitors
- Coordinate company-wide resources to drive technical engagements forward and provide answers/guidance to customer’s questions
- Influence roadmap and GTM decisions, infusing prospective customer priorities into every decision we make
- Support and strategize with partner networks to expand Dataiku support within customers
- Assist in sales pipeline building activities including attendance at live and/or virtual trade-shows and industry conferences, working with marketing / partners on webinars, events, and other activities specified by sales and sales engineering management
You may be a good fit for the team if you have
- Strong intellectual curiosity, especially around being able to map business problems to systems that leverage machine learning
- Experience in technical pre-sales or consulting in a fast paced environment preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and comfortable talking to all levels of customer teams, from individual contributors to C-level executives.
- Programming language(s) proficiency (preferably Python;, R, SQL, Java, Scala, Julia.)
- Knowledge of data science/machine learning algorithms (ex. supervised, semi-supervised, unsupervised, classical, deep learning), their applications and drawbacks
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Understanding of the machine learning lifecycle (feature generation, model training, model deployment, batch and real time scoring, monitoring, and maintenance) and engineering (“MLops”) considerations
- Working knowledge of data storage technologies and formats (RDBMS, HDFS, parquet…)
- Experience configuring on-prem applications in an enterprise security environment
- Hands on experience with computational resources and frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes, Spark)
- Knowledge of data workflow management tools, such as Kubeflow, Airflow, Luigi, etc.
The expected base salary range for this role is $140,000.00 to $175,000.00, although the range may vary depending on the location of the candidate. The actual offer, reflecting the final base salary for the position, will be determined during our interview process by assessing a variety of factors, including a candidate’s experience and skills.