From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Our Sales team needs a technical hero for when the questions get tough. You’ll work one-on-one with both prospects and Sales team members to help discuss how Fivetran fits within their technology strategy. You’ll have a full understanding of how Fivetran is architected and a clear understanding of how Fivetran is best used in data stacks. Additionally, you’ll be tasked to invent and implement creative solutions for edge-case issues.As a Sales Engineer at Fivetran, you will:
- Support sales teams with deep technical knowledge and understanding of Fivetran product offerings and data space.
- Serve as the technical liaison between sales and product/engineering teams.
- Act as the primary resource in solving technical issues and inquiries in pre-sales and onboarding processes.
- Proactively engage with product and engineering teams on roadmap, soliciting and sharing customer/prospect feedback where necessary.
- Assist in documentation efforts around Fivetran product offerings, internal knowledge base, and training resources.
- Technical experience as a database administrator, backend engineer, or IT services within an enterprise or tech startup
- Experience in Cloud-Based architecture (AWS/GCP/AZURE)
- Experience successfully demonstrating and articulating the value of Business Intelligence and Analytics tools
- Proficiency in SQL programming
- Working knowledge of best practices and troubleshooting for connecting to common application APIs (Salesforce, Workday, Jira, etc)
- Working knowledge of Databases
- Ability to influence technical audiences in their language, and influence business audiences by translating complex technology concepts
- Passion for data and analytics, a philosophy of using technology to help solve business problems
- Working knowledge of Cloud Data Warehouse concepts
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills
- Curiosity to learn and assimilate technical information quickly, enthusiasm to share and teach others
- Available for up to 25% travel
- Required Languages: English | Additional, advantageous languages: French or German
- Market Competitive OTE
- Dental, and Health Insurance Benefits
- RSU's - every employee is granted RSU's when they walk in the door
- Life Insurance and Income protection and Retirement savings plan
- A healthy work culture with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Working from home equipment stipend for employees who are 100% remote
- Family Leave Program
- Company happy hours and virtual Team building events
- Social/ Wellness/ Volunteer activities
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.