Sales Engineer - Federal at ScienceLogic (Remote)
*This position can be remote within the region*
Are you ready to help pave the way in accelerating the adoption of AIOPs for the US Public Sector’s most critical IT infrastructures? Then read on.
What are we looking for?
ScienceLogic is looking for a proven Sales Engineer with at least seven years of Sales Engineering experience in network monitoring/management or cloud services to join their established sales organization. You’ll work alongside experienced Account Executives to help US, State and Local Government Agencies get the most out of their infrastructure through ScienceLogic’s Automation Engine for AIOps solution. We recognize the special obligation that a technology provider has when working with the public sector and we are looking for someone who is committed to delivering the most capable and secure IT monitoring platform. The ideal candidate will have significant experience working with Civilian/DOD cabinet level agencies, State/Local government and Education.
What will my typical day look like?
Each day is going to bring new and exciting challenges your way; but with your ability to retain in-depth and hands-on product knowledge and your borderline geeky addiction to staying up to date with the newest industry standards, there isn’t a customer you can’t impress. No two days will be the same as a Sales Engineer with ScienceLogic, but here’s a sneak peek into some of the responsibilities you’ll have in the role.
- Impress customers and prospects alike with your supernatural ability to think on your feet during sales presentations and demonstrations.
- Prove that ScienceLogic is the only vendor able satisfy a prospect’s technical and business requirements in a proof of concept (POC).
- Document why ScienceLogic is different from the competition in emails, RFPs, and other files during the sales process.
- Provide occasional Tradeshow support
- Excellent communication and ability to develop customer rapport is paramount.
How will you be successful here?
Are you just as much in your comfort zone in a meeting room full of leaders as you are in the data center surrounded by engineers of all varieties? How about the ability to handle a wide variety of tasks along a multi-variable timeline? If so, these qualities combined with the skills listed below, when executed well, are the recipe to becoming a wildly successful part of our team.
- BS/BA degree in EE, CS, or related field and 7+ years’ experience in Sales Engineering in network monitoring/management or cloud services
- Ability to articulate complex topics to business or technical audiences
- Ability to translate technical advantages into business benefits
- Experience with Network and Systems Management systems
- Technical pre-sales experience working with ITOM, APM, ITSM
- Experience in an equivalent role for a technology firm
- Ability to travel and have a willingness to get the job done right by visiting customers face-to-face during critical points in the sales cycle
- Understand the daily pains of IT Operations personnel in today’s highly virtualized data centers as they migrate workloads to the cloud
- Understand the needs of the Public Sector
- Proven or demonstrably dazzling presentation, speaking and writing skills
- Knowledge of: UNIX, TCP/IP, SNMP, XML, ODBC, Syslog, SSH, ITIL, Python
Benefits & Perks
- A remote-first culture - work from home or come into the office, it's totally up to you.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO) so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) - take two days off per calendar year to volunteer with your preferred charitable organization.
- 5-year Service Milestone Sabbatical.
- Paid parental leave.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- Pet insurance.
- HQ Office centrally located in Reston Town Center featuring a well-stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages, and catered lunch on Thursdays.
- Regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At ScienceLogic, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.
Base: $130K Commission: $50K