Sales Enablement Manager - Enterprise Software (Remote anywhere in the US) at Backbase (Atlanta, GA)
The job in short
The Sales Enablement team drives the execution of Onboarding, Training Programs and Learning Journeys to increase the productivity and effectiveness of our field representatives by accelerating the time it takes for us to close contracts. We are the team that is barraged with questions day-in-day-out, and we love it! Always looking to guide our colleagues in the right directions, providing them with excellent service and using their input to only make things better.
Meet the job
As a Sales Enablement Manager, you will create, drive and deliver in-person/online training and coaching programs that will enable any Backbase employee that represents Backbase on the field (e.g. Sales, Customer Success, Partners, etc.) to execute effectively at all the critical points of a buying cycle at banks all over the world.
You educate and coach the field teams to understand and pitch the Backbase Engagement Platform and all it’s capabilities, in all the different go-to-market configurations and value propositions, for all the regions. Coaching is done in a constructive and enthusiastic way that makes our reps feel excited and wanting to do better. You design always-on, continuous learning programs that are fun and engaging to go through and that impact the productivity and effectiveness of our sales teams. By setting out learning programs you empower Backbase to scale explosively while consistently deliver A-Players.
You are someone who thinks strategically but executes with fine precision - part experienced sales leader, part solution/pre-sales engineer, part program owner and part coach.
- Stakeholder Management - You have exceptional relationship-building skills and partner with Regional Directors and Sales Operations to drive a prioritized global and regional enablement plan. You partner with Product Marketing and Strategy to curate and deliver high-quality content for your enablement program.
- Program Management - You create new innovative formats and deliver scalable enablement plans and initiatives. You plan the execution throughout the year, fully owning the enablement calendar in your region. You drive a cadence of quarterly, monthly, continuously learning and coaching activities.
- Learning Journey Content Owner - You personally drive the creation of learning journeys that are engaging and ensure sales will complete the learning courses with the expected outcome. The content will drive the enablement of the sales leaders within the regions to ensure they are skilled to coach their own people, reinforcing learning and best practices
- Training & Coaching - You run the delivery and execution of training and coaching programs using online learning systems, in-person workshops and other content delivery platforms. You’re smart about which tools to use for which purpose, while never forgetting the need for scalability.
- Monitor Performance - You assess and measure the ability of our sales force to execute against standards of performance through online and face-to-face validation and certification exercises. It is your responsibility to create A-Players and give transparent feedback to our sales teams and their leadership.
- Voice of the Field - You serve as a strong feedback mechanism from the field back to various teams within Backbase. You identify gaps affiliated with Sales Enablement and work with the necessary resources to address those needs.
How about you
- You have a combination of 5+ years of enterprise software selling, partner enablement, sales enablement, and/or sales training experience in the American context. Banking, payments, tech or SaaS experience is a plus, especially of your local market. However, a can-do mentality is of more importance than many years of experience.
- You are high energy, positive and passionate about helping others succeed. You are a natural coach, through effective questioning, you guide self-evaluation of performance, help our sales teams diagnose areas for improvement and own the solution
- You have excellent English speaking, writing, presentation and training skills, as well as a strong ability to persuade, inspire and motivate others. You have extensive "owning the room" experience, allowing you to naturally command the room.
- You have a proven ability to design and deliver sales training and development programs that scale and understand how to meaningfully measure results. In doing so, you have a strong ability to grasp complex, technical subjects and make them easy to understand
- You are creative and are able to come up with new ways of getting the field teams to improve how they sell Backbase, not through boring PowerPoints, but through formats that are engaging and look great.
- You are street smart and digital savvy. A true team player with a sense of humor, hands-on and self-motivated, able to drive progress and hit deadlines.
- You have strong project management skills and the ability to act decisively. Comfortable working across departments, time zones and multiple cultures
- You have the ability to prioritise and plan effectively with a demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and in ambiguity. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible and adaptable to growth and change.