Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The Sales Effectiveness Manager will play a pivotal role on the Sales Training & Effectiveness Team. This team influences & drives strategic sales initiatives via onboarding, training, coaching, enablement, and learning programs, empowering our sales teams to achieve their goals.
This role will be responsible for the optimizing, maintaining, driving adoption, and the governance of new and existing sales tools that support and align with existing sales processes and methodologies. It will be your mission to optimize the adoption of current and prospective tools and to identify usage gaps within our tech stack. You will master the key sales tools and technologies used by teams in order to improve output. You will also maintain up-to-date knowledge on product capabilities and functionality for each of our tools. We expect that you will thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess a strong degree of executive presence with the ability to develop robust relationships with internal partners.Your Responsibilities:
- Continually audit, refine, and educate sales teams on ideal usage of our current tools to drive consistency.
- Supervise ongoing sales enablement tools and platform management; stay current and increase knowledge of tool features and work directly with vendors and key partners to define and deliver the enhancements.
- Meet regularly with relevant vendors to stay abreast of new or leading technologies or approaches that better align with our scaling sales strategy; assist with the technical integration and implementation of new sales tools.
- Collect and evaluate usage reports and feedback from the sales organization on effectiveness of tools and programs and continuously work to identify gaps and areas to improve quality of content, format, and delivery.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gain consensus and support for new solutions; lead change management and communications related to key tools and process changes.
- Work with sales coaches, instructional designers, and internal partners to continually assess and understand training needs, define options, and translate them into meaningful and measurable learning objectives and goals.
- Solid understanding and experience managing Salesforce, outbound sales productivity platforms such as High Velocity Sales, Gong, Highspot, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Quip, Zoom, Vidyard and Nylas in a B2B sales setting.
- Experience managing vendor programs and identifying process improvements.
- Knowledge of seller tools, cadence management, and workflows with experience working in sales, sales enablement, or sales operations.
- Ability to clearly articulate and prioritize business needs or problems and recognize clear solutions to those problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation writing and delivery to both technical and business partners.
- A successful track record of developing internal relationships with sales leaders and cross-functional teams.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.