Sales Director, Public Sector Accounts at StreetLight Data (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:14 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, July 28, 2022
StreetLight pioneered the use of Big Data analytics to shed light on how people, goods, and services move, empowering smarter, data-driven transportation decisions. The company applies proprietary machine-learning algorithms and data processing resources to measure travel patterns of vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians that enable complex transportation problem solving using analytics available on SaaS platform, StreetLight InSight®. Acquired by Jacobs as a subsidiary in February 2022, StreetLight continues to provide innovative digital solutions to help communities reduce congestion, improve safe and equitable transportation, and maximize the positive impact of infrastructure investment.
As a member of our Sales Team, you can become part of the smart energy technology solution while becoming a leader in our forward-thinking data driven organization. Our clients are on the cusp of adopting Big Data solutions at scale, and we are one of the first companies to enter this high-potential industry. That means we need savvy, sophisticated sales professionals who can close complex deals and deliver value.
Streetlight Data is seeking a Public Sector Regional Sales Director to join our team, selling enterprise SaaS and related mobility data offerings. The Public Sector Regional Sales Director will develop & expand relationships with key agencies at the State and Local level.
The Public Sector Account Representative has a proven track record of successfully achieving and surpassing quota goals, and has demonstrated success at identifying and closing new, high-value opportunities. Previous experience selling to engineering, construction, transportation, government agencies, and/or architecture is a plus.
- Develop comprehensive business plans and drive the execution of selling strategies in order to grow revenue while forming strong relationships with customers.
- Design and execute account plans to surpass goals and revenue targets.
- Drive sales to new customers and expand existing relationships through annual and multi-year contracts and value-added solutions in your assigned territory.
- Keep up-to-date with market trends and new developments, and utilize this information for business development and improvement.
- Manage revenue goals in your assigned territory and accounts.
- Conduct ongoing meetings and events with key customer decision-makers with the goal of uncovering and closing new opportunities.
- Attend relevant industry trade shows to identify new prospective customers, and promptly follow up on leads from various sources.
- Consistently maintain sales opportunity and customer status information in StreetLight Data’s customer relationship management
- (CRM) system.
- Provide accurate and timely weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales forecasts in your specified territory.
- Process customer transactions such as orders, quotes, and sales contracts accurately and on a timely basis.
- Interface with other functional groups, project teams and internal stakeholders to effectively resolve issues and remove barriers toward the goal of achieving assigned quotas.
- Provide regular updates to management, operations and support staff concerning account issues and financial status.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of business, marketing or engineering.
- 10 + years of experience in complex sales to customers in a recognized technology industry, transportation, urban planning, or architectural-related field. Experience selling to and working with public sector agencies is highly desirable.
- Proven over-achievement with responsibility for a multimillion dollar quota.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, environment.
- ·Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be fluent in English.
- Comfortable presenting to senior executive management and large audiences.
- Strong financial skills and experience in creating new business opportunities.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to influence and manage multiple priorities are essential.
- Team-oriented, flexible, and able to see the “big picture” - because our entire team must meet our goals for StreetLight Data to be successful.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% or as needed to achieve objectives.
Why You will Love it Here
- Fun company and team outings (mostly virtual events these days!)
- A great opportunity to grow your career as a sales professional with ample training and structure along the way
- Employer subsidized comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage in the US
- Paid company holidays plus accrued time off
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
Interested? StreetLight Data offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
StreetLight Data is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. StreetLight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
More Information on StreetLight Data
StreetLight Data operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA and Richmond, VA. StreetLight Data was founded in 2011. It has 103 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Remote Work Program. To see all 9 open jobs at StreetLight Data, click here.
Read Full Job Description