The sales team responsible for our LATAM Private Sector customers is driven by our exciting opportunity to help organizations safely expand and develop their operations into the crypto ecosystem by providing them the solutions and information they need to make compliant and intelligent data driven decisions. This team also supports LATAM Public Sector customers and are driven by our mission to make the world a safer place by tracking and investigating activities that involve cryptocurrency like human trafficking, terrorist financing, and money-laundering. We’re experts on the “why” and the “how” with deep relationships and knowledge of navigating complex and multi dimensional sales processes.
This Sales Director is both an independent contributor and is a leader dedicated to enabling their team. They enjoy the thrill creating a calculated account plan and closing a deal. Charged with leading a team of high-performing sales reps and hiring as needed to meet increasing market demand, you know how to attract exceptional talent, evaluate sales skills, and run a hiring process that is lean and leaves a positive impression on every candidate. We measure your success by your ability to accurately forecast revenue and hit (read: exceed) quotas and the engagement of your team.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You’ve developed a winning team who are exceeding their quota and objectives.
- You’ve upskilled the team’s ability to drive sales wins by participating in and leading client and prospect meetings.
- Stakeholders across the sales teams and rest of the company trust you and are eager to support and provide resources to your team.
- You’ve built transparent and valuable relationships with your team and have developed an effective and efficient strategy for recruiting, hiring, and training new Account Executives on the sales motion at Chainalysis.
- Your team has a reliable cadence for rhythm for forecast meetings and each team member’s forecast is accurate and documented in Salesforce.
- Your team’s closure rates have increased and customer churn has decreased because of your direct coaching and mentorship.
- Senior sales management can trust and rely on your forecasts and sales activity to inform the overall sales strategy across the business.
- You know the intricacies of your teams’ sales activity and track the results to inform your forecasts and individual development plans.
A background like this helps:
- Recent experience managing and closing complex software sales within the LATAM market with government entities and financial services customers. Experience managing the sales cycle from mission/program manager to agency leadership
- Strong relationships with VAR and System Integration Partners.
- Key industry knowledge and ability to effectively articulate the Chainalysis value proposition
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
- Ability to negotiate pricing, terms and conditions and other concessions in complex, multi-year sales agreements.
- History of scaling and coaching high-performing and diverse sales teams
- Experience with Financial Intelligence, Blockchain, Cyber Security, and/or Cryptocurrency technologies
- Spanish Speaker a must, Portuguese a plus
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
- Employees are not required to attend in-person meetings at this time. All in-person, Chainalysis attendees must be vaccinated* prior to the in-person event/meeting
- You must follow cleaning protocols. This includes washing your hands before and after meetings or using a disinfectant or alcohol solution with at least 70% alcohol
- If a worker or visitor was in close or proximate contact with others at the office location and tests positive for COVID-19, they must immediately notify the People team
- *A USA employee is considered fully vaccinated if they meet any of the following criteria:
It has been 2 weeks since their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
It has been 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, or
A person has recovered from a COVID-19 infection and was treated with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma and are within 90 days of the treatment. Please note that once 90 days has passed after the monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma treatment, an employee will not be permitted to meet in-person or go to a customer meeting until they meet the above criteria of being fully vaccinated
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.