We’re expanding our operations into California and are looking for a licensed Real Estate Broker to serve as our broker-officer and help oversee mortgage broker compliance and operations in California. You’ll be responsible for building and leading a team of MLOs who will be advising California homeowners on various renovation financing products and to efficiently bring together all the required pieces to help families finance their dream renovations faster. We pride ourselves on the way we go above and beyond to offer our clients impeccable customer service. As a part of this work, you and your team will work with consumers to understand their unique financial situations, needs, and objectives, while also educating and advising them on the RenoFi process and value, and guiding them through the mortgage loan pre-qualification and application process.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU:
You’re an experienced Real Estate Broker looking for an opportunity to break away from the archaic processes of the traditional mortgage world and join the leading fintech changing the game for the $300bn/yr home renovations market.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Real Estate Broker License issued by the California Department of Real Estate
- Passing results on, or the ability to pass, the SAFE test
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES WITH:
- MLO Endorsement (or ability to obtain MLO endorsement)
- Experience performing and managing mortgage loan origination activities
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Overseeing a sales team engaged in mortgage loan origination activities
- Collect and receive information necessary to process or underwrite mortgage loans;
- Review loan applications and underwrite mortgage loans;
- Prepare documents in connection with mortgage loans;
- Perform RenoFi’s proprietary renovation underwriting;
- Provide homeowners information about home renovations, loan programs available, and general renovation financing options;
- Review documents for completeness and compliance; and
- Perform other clerical and support services.
- Talking with homeowners about potential loan options for their home renovation projects through calls, chats, and emails
- Educating homeowners on the various loan products RenoFi offers to finance home renovation projects based on a review of the homeowner’s circumstances
- Recommending loan products to homeowners for their home renovation project
- Receiving and reviewing mortgage loan pre-qualification and application information submitted by homeowners
- Reviewing and approving any marketing solicitation material directed to California homeowners
Performing the following tasks and/or supervising a team who will:
This role will initially report to RenoFi’s President and will work closely with the VP of Sales.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of our pre-employment processes, which for this role will include the California Department of Real Estate-required background and credit checks, and a reference check.
We are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are uncertain about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
The demand for home renovations has never been stronger, yet, it's surprisingly difficult for a new homeowner to renovate. It can take a decade to build up enough home equity and savings to pay for a major renovation. As a result, recent homeowners do a lot of financially-suboptimal things to compensate like borrow from their 401k, rack up credit card debt, and use high-interest personal loans. Or they just live unhappily for years in a home that doesn't meet their family's needs.
But by completing a major renovation, homeowners are increasing the value of their home. Professional real estate investors leverage this After Renovation Value (ARV) to roll the increase in value into new properties all the time. But there hasn't been a great way for homeowners to take advantage of this. If homeowners had an ability to borrow against the ARV, they could increase their borrowing power up to 10x.
To meet this need, RenoFi created a platform that enables homeowners to borrow funds from RenoFi approved lenders in the form of the first home equity loan purpose-built for renovations! Unlike standard home equity loans, RenoFi Loans use the value of your home post-renovation which lets you borrow the most money at the best possible terms. RenoFi is creating a full suite of renovation loan products to better suit the needs of today’s homeowners!
For homeowners, RenoFi makes it possible to renovate years earlier than might be otherwise feasible. For contractors, we empower the financing of renovations at the point of sale, reducing instances of scope reduction, and ensuring prompt payment. Our lender partners, most often credit unions, rely on RenoFi's platform to generate loans, create efficiencies, and grow membership. The lenders pay RenoFi for the new loans, which allows us to offer our services to homeowners for free. RenoFi is truly a win-win-win for everyone involved.
RenoFi is backed by some of the best startup investors in the world, including First Round Capital, Comcast Ventures, and Canaan Partners.
WE ARE A GLOBALLY DISTRIBUTED TEAM
RenoFi has been built from the start as a fully distributed team with an intentional focus on growing a strong team and culture that spans timezones and nationalities. Here's one fun example!
Please highlight any prior experience working remotely when applying. US or GMT-adjacent timezones will be prioritized.
RenoFi offers competitive cash and equity compensation. Some benefit offerings will vary from country to country. In the United States, we offer competitive health and retirement plans. All staff across the globe enjoy a flexible vacation policy.
READ MORE ABOUT RENOFI
Our post announcing our funding: https://www.renofi.com/blog/financing-should-not-be-the-hardest-part-of-renovating/
Blog post by our lead investor announcing his investment in RenoFi: https://www.canaan.com/latest/brendan-dickinson-announcing-our-investment-in-renofi
National coverage by Housing Wire: https://www.housingwire.com/articles/renofi-raises-6-4-million-to-help-lenders-offer-home-renovation-loans/
More Information on RenoFi
RenoFi operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in Philadelphia, PA. RenoFi was founded in 2018. It has 41 total employees. To see all 1 open jobs at RenoFi, click here.
Read Full Job Description