Who You Are:
We are looking for Sales Development Representatives, SDRs, who bring exceptional commercial, analytical, and creative problem solving skills to our already high-performing team. With a growth of over 100% year over year, Storyblocks is looking to double its Enterprise Sales team with the best in class sales professionals in the DC Metro area. A SDR at Storyblocks works with one main goal in mind: finding and/or creating new avenues for our Business Development Managers, of BDMs, to close new business. This role is very heavily focused on prospecting, cold calling, and the use of effective and creative email communication strategies.
The ideal SDR candidate has an innate ability to qualify and influence prospects over the phone and email, as well as maintaining a self-starter, professionally aggressive, and well organized attitude. There is significant growth opportunity that comes with this role as our sales organization continues to grow and evolve, so, motivation is key!
Storyblocks has exciting goals for 2022 and beyond, and we truly believe in funding and investing in our sales efforts. If you’re passionate about joining a fast paced, scrappy, and innovative sales team, then look no further.
This role can be based out of the Washington, DC metropolitan area or can be remote, anywhere in the US.
What You'll Do:
- Passion for practicing the art and science of sales at one of the fastest growing startups in the Washington, DC metro area
- Consistently hit and exceed activity targets
- Partner with potential customers from the content creation software and film and TV production industry to understand their content needs and prescribe appropriate solutions
- Educate and qualify leads via phone and email to create sales-ready opportunities
- Provide weekly/monthly activity metrics
- Manage your time and effectively prioritize to exceed monthly and quarterly “Pitch” goals
- Track prospecting and lead management activities in Salesforce.com
- Proactively look for new opportunities to improve and optimize end-to-end lead-to-close funnel
- Research and report customer feedback and industry trends to internal stakeholders (product, engineering, marketing,)
- Be a great teammate!
What You Bring to the Table:
- BA/BS from an accredited university
- 1 year of B2B sales experience with consistent over performance against plan
- Experience in a creative commercial market a plus
- Direct experience as a front-line user in Salesforce.com
- Superior pre-call planning, opportunity qualification, and objection handling skills
- Superior communications skills - both verbal and written
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills
- Strong analytical thinker
- Outstanding attention to detail with superior time and project management skills
- Ready for everything, can do anything!
What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive and fair compensation: We believe in fair pay--equal pay for equal work. For each title, we have consistently applied competitive salary bands based on market data and benchmarks. What you’ve been paid before, fear of conflict, or willingness to negotiate does not play a part.
- Company-paid medical: Our medical, dental and vision premiums are covered 100% for you and your dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan: We offer both a Traditional and Roth 401(k) with a company match.
- Paid parental leave: Welcoming new family members is exciting, but it can also be challenging. We offer twelve weeks paid leave for primary caregivers and four weeks for secondary caregivers. We have a dedicated private nursing room available to new mothers.
- Unlimited vacation: At Storyblocks we take vacation seriously. That means take the time off when you need it. Don’t worry about tracking hours or accounting for partial days. Typically employees take about three or four weeks each year.
- Flexible work-from-home options: Much of our workflow is online, and for meetings, we have dedicated video-conferencing setups. As long as you deliver results, you are welcome to get your work done outside of the office or during unusual times when desired.
- Company-sponsored mentorship and growth: We have a formal mentorship program that involves regular career and growth conversations. “360-degree” feedback is collected twice a year and synthesized into actionable, peer-reviewed, performance reviews. We happily foot the bill for conferences and online courses that will add value to the organization. We encourage attending meetups and are happy to host them as well.
- Casual Work Environment: Sure we all get dressed up once in a while, but in general we want you to be comfortable at the office – whatever that means to you (flip-flops, shorts, jeans, etc.).
- Fully stocked kitchen: Everyone gets input on the food and drinks we stock in our shared refrigerators and snack room. We have multiple mechanisms for making coffee and cold-brew kegs are often on tap.
- Dogs in the office: We love dogs and we will probably love your dog too. With help from a calendar, we allow employees to bring in their dogs to help guide us through the day.
Who We Are:
Storyblocks is a different kind of content company delivering a fresh approach to meet the creative needs of a new generation of storytellers. Built on the belief that all stories deserve a chance to be told, Storyblocks provides video, audio, images and easy to use creative tools through its unique subscription model. By offering unlimited downloads and continually adding fresh content, Storyblocks challenges the paradigm that your ambitious vision requires deep pockets. We are committed to empowering storytellers by removing creative barriers and democratizing video creation.
Driven by a set of five company core values, our culture is shaped by a love for data, fearless communication, community, zero egos, and everyone emptying the dishwasher (both literally and figuratively). Also, loving dogs. That's pretty important too.
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Storyblocks has been recognized as one of Washington D.C.'s Top Workplaces by The Washington Post, among the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal, and by the Washingtonian as one of DC’s 50 Great Places to Work.
We encourage you to apply even if your experience is not a 100% match with the position. We are looking for someone with relevant skills and experience, not a checklist that exactly matches the job description. We want to help you grow and in return, you help us grow into a stronger, more inclusive organization.
Storyblocks does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.