Ordway is a digital platform that eliminates back-office inefficiencies, identifies revenue trends, and simplifies finance and operations tasks so personnel can focus on strategic growth activities. We are a high-growth SaaS company based in Washington DC and are on a mission to build the world’s most effective billing and finance platform. We are founded by executives from Intacct, Workday, Zuora and First Data and are backed by some of the world’s leading investors. If you are a high-energy, goal-oriented individual, we want to talk to you!
Start your career at a high growth SaaS start-up!
- New Career Path - Are you interested in pursuing a career path in sales at a software or high-tech company?
- Compensation Upside - Are you looking for a job that offers not just a base salary, but the opportunity to earn additional, uncapped, incentive compensation?
- Make an Impact - Do you want to be part of building one of the next great tech companies in financial software?
If so, accelerate your career at Ordway as a Sales Development Representative. We are making significant investments in our sales and marketing teams following a recent investment from one of the leading venture capital firms.
The Role of a Sales Development Representative
One of the most important functions in sales is identifying companies that are in need of new solutions. As a Sales Development Representative, your role will be to reach out to senior finance and accounting leaders at some of the world’s most innovative companies to discuss their priorities and needs. Once you identify someone with a relevant business challenge, you will book a meeting with the decision maker to speak with one of our Account Executives.
Your daily job responsibilities will include high-volume prospecting finance executives:
- Work closely with sales leaders to identify target accounts and strategies
- Reach out to potential buyers via cold calling, email, and social selling on LinkedIn
- Research companies and finance executives to develop personalized messages
- Engaging decision makers in conversations about their priorities, challenges, and needs
- Tracking activities, engagement, and conversations in our Sales Force Automation software
Training and Career Development
All new hires undergo a six-week introductory training program to arm them with the communication skills, business knowledge, and technology proficiency needed to successfully engage in prospecting activities. The training program includes:
- Sales Prospecting – Understanding how to engage decision makers using the phone, email, and social networks. Learning how to perform background research accounts using search engines, financial reports, and intelligence tools. Role playing conversations with C-level executives about technology, finance, and business challenges.
- Technology – Building highly marketable skills in the most popular technologies that all the high-tech companies are using. Learn how to manage leads in Salesforce.com CRM. Discover how to research executives on LinkedIn Sales Navigator and ZoomInfo Sales Intelligence.
- Business and Finance - Master the basics of corporate finance and accounting that are the foundation of every successful business. Understand how the sales team processes orders. Learn how accounting generates invoices. Discover how finance reports on revenue to investors.
Candidates that are high performers in the SDR role will be well positioned to pursue career paths in Inside Sales, Customer Success, or Marketing at Ordway.
- University degree
- Professional experience or relevant internship. Prior experience in a customer-facing role is a plus
- Strong interest in pursuing a sales career path
- Natural curiosity for understanding people and business
- High degree of persistence, tenacity, and motivation
- Goal orientation with a focus on activity levels and metrics
- Desire to learn with a willingness to accept feedback and coaching
This role is required to work US or European business hours.
Ordway values diversity of all kinds, and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.