Hello, We’re Built In
Built In is on a mission to unite technology professionals with their purpose. We do that through the power of content. Today, over one million registered users and 4.5 million technology professionals use our platform every year to learn about innovative companies, new technologies and further their careers.
The caliber of audience we’ve cultivated means that over 1800 companies--from the hottest tech startups to Fortune 500 companies undergoing digital transformation-- trust us to share their employer brand story and fill the technology roles that drive their strategy.
Because we can help employers find hard to recruit talent, our B2B side is thriving. In addition our users are finding great jobs and advancing their careers and knowledge of the tech world with Built In. That means we are rapidly growing our product and technology footprint as we are committed to building the leading SaaS product for employer branding and talent activation.
With venture funding of $30M to date with a $22M Series C raise in 2019, we are poised to help technologists learn, grow and find their dream jobs--in their city, around the country or completely remote. If you are looking for an award-winning culture, have a desire to help people find purposeful work and want to be part of building best-in-class technology, Built In might fulfill your purpose.We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative
We have aggressive growth plans and need a self-motivated and highly driven Sales superstar to join our team as a Sales Development Representative , located in our downtown Chicago office. In this role, you need to be comfortable navigating external resources to identify large, target customers, qualify for a potential fit with our Built In Employer Branding & Recruitment solutions and open up new opportunities to expand business.
The goal is to cultivate relationships with prospective customers, develop qualified leads and build pipeline for the Account Executives. You will get the experience to work with our most senior account executives and learn sales methodology from our most veteran sales leaders. This role provides the opportunity to grow within the organization.How you’ll contribute
- You will be responsible for all initial outbound prospecting to our potential customers
- Leverage outbound lead channels such as cold calling, email and social media to qualify and set sales meetings for Account Executives
- Prospect and identify new potential enterprise clients for Account Executives
- Manage Account Executive pipeline to convert qualified calls into demo meetings
- Learn and become an expert on Built In product offerings
- Seek continued education through Sales Assembly, where you will have the opportunity to access training and development opportunities, and connect with other sales professionals in the B2B sales sector in Chicago
- 0-2 years experience in Sales, Sales Development, Lead Generation, or Business Related Internship
- Proven ability to cold call, cold email, and confidently execute creative prospecting techniques
- Comfort using Salesforce.com, LinkedIn, and other pipeline management tools [plus, not required]
- You are organized and diligent with follow through
- You are relentless in pursuit of your goals, and resilient in the face of a challenge or ambiguity
- You are motivated to develop your sales acumen and are passionate about accelerating your career within a Sales Team
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: BUILT IN NEVER CONTACTS JOB APPLICANTS VIA TEXT, MESSENGER OR OTHER SIMILAR APPLICATIONS. BE AWARE OF PHISHING AND SPOOFING SCAMS, BOTH VIA TEXT AND EMAIL. ONLY RESPOND TO EMAILS FROM BUILTIN.COM