Tonkean is the OS for business operations, transforming operations teams from facilitators into makers with an enterprise-grade, no-code process orchestration platform. By abstracting the technical knowledge required to automate, monitor, and manage mission-critical business processes, Tonkean enables enterprises to drive operational efficiency while reducing technical debt.
Tonkean builds a bridge between business and IT, allowing IT to partner with business teams to drive agility while ensuring compliance & security. Using Tonkean, IT can create custom, reusable action blocks called "enterprise components" that enable key capabilities like updating data in existing systems, interacting with people, or deploying NLP & OCR technology. These components can then be shared securely with business operations teams, in a no-code studio, to orchestrate business processes across functions and systems by adding business logic. Business operations teams can become more self-sufficient, and IT teams can scale with confidence.
Enterprises like Lyft, EVERSANA, Instacart, Grubhub, Crypto.com, and more rely on Tonkean to optimize and align their operations across functions—including sales, marketing, customer support, legal, finance, and more. With Tonkean, enterprises can expand the pie of who can deliver software, making a world of makers.
Our sales team is opening minds of operations teams everywhere to the value of an Adaptive Business Operations platform. You’ll be part of a fast-growing sales team that is scaling up to meet the demands of a booming automation market. You’ll connect with operations leaders at some of the world’s biggest brands to communicate our human-in-the-loop approach to automation and lead them on the path to becoming a customer.
Sales Development Representatives do much more than sending emails and making phone calls. You believe there is more value you can bring than just following the general “SaaS SDR Playbook.” The feeling of engaging with and activating a prospect gives you more joy and you can express in words, and you are fueled by finding creative ways to reach new people. If this describes who you are, then we want to talk to you.
If this opportunity excites you, we'd love to talk.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Be the first human interaction with prospects for both inbound leads and outbound prospecting.
- Own initial relationships with prospects by introducing them to Tonkean’s vision, approach, and product.
- Qualify prospects into opportunities.
- Identify new prospects and come up with creative, ingenious ways to get in contact with them.
- Work with the entire sales team to establish goals and KPIs.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, product, and more to be an integral piece to the customer lifecycle and feedback loop.
- Prior experience prospecting in a B2B, enterprise software company.
- Unbelievably friendly, conversational, and able to understand prospect needs.
- Familiarity working and speaking with clients of all sizes.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication and persuasion skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Strong team player and self-starter.
- Comfortable with uncertainty, and thrives off of problem-solving.
- Able to multi-task and adjust priorities on the fly.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in an SDR, BDR, or similar role.
- Have a B.A. or similar degree.
- You’re driven. No one needs to push you to excel, it’s just who you are.
- Eager to learn, adapt, and perfect your work. You seek out help and put it to good use.
- You believe there is always a way to accomplish something.
- There Is Always A Way. At Tonkean, we believe that nothing is impossible. There is a solution to every problem - you just need to find it.
- Think People First. We believe in investing in, empowering, and prioritizing people. We work as a team and win as a team. We listen with purpose as we speak with courage. We believe in diversity. We always ask ourselves: Is this giving value to our customers? Is this improving our team? Is this helping me be better?
- Start With Why And Fail Fast. We believe that progress is the only way forward; that action is always better than no action; that innovation requires bravery. We believe that every worthwhile “how” starts with an important “why.” If you know the “why”, and you can learn from it, It’s never a failure. It is the operational cost of progress.
- No BS. To matter, you must - stay focused, keep it simple and always move the needle. We don’t have time for BS. We don’t waste energy; we prioritize efficiency; we stay focused; and we always try to optimize for what’s important.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Join a fast-growing business that is venture-backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners and Foundation Capital.
- Collaborate with a talented yet humble team as we empower operations teams and eliminate mundane tasks.
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tonkean provides each employee with a new laptop, monitor, headset, keyboard and mouse
- Remote employees receive a one-time work from home setup stipend (reimbursable) of $500(USD) upon commencing employment to purchase desk, chair and other work from home tools.
Tonkean welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Tonkean is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. We believe diversity is important to building a successful business and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, reproductive health decisions or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.