Sales Development Representative at Vacasa (Remote)
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Sales at Vacasa?
If Vacasa’s incredible growth didn’t make it obvious, we’re good at what we do. We’re people people. We think on our feet and respond with tailored solutions. Our team has the street smarts, ambition, and talent to turn every potential market into a Vacasa community.
What we’re looking for
We are currently building out a “Special Projects” sales group to help us target various opportunities across the US. If you are a skilled sales professional with experience selling in a remote environment, this may be the perfect role for you. As Sales Development Representative, you will be a key player in helping us grow our short-term vacation rental inventory. This role is responsible for the top of funnel selling cycle in delivering Vacasa’s property management solution to homeowners across through targeted campaigns pointed at areas of growth focus. You will have access to our prospect lists in order to activate Vacasa’s initial outreach campaign sequencing and engagement. In addition to this, we will be pairing each SDR with a dedicated Sales Executive that will help your prospects through the remainder of their buyer’s journey and into a closed won status in our portfolio. Our “Special Project” sales team will give us the ability to “point and sell” based on criteria such as seasonality, opportunity, strategic targeting, etc. This is not a “dedicated territory” role. This role requires flexibility and the ability to pivot quickly.
Successful candidates will be strong communicators who are comfortable contacting leads over the phone, email or via video conference, can learn and adapt quickly, are grounded in ethical business practices, and find reward in building a strong organization. Consistently meeting departmental goals while maintaining high customer satisfaction is a must. You will need to demonstrate a track record of excellence as a team player who is also self-motivated, reliable, and coachable.
What you’ll do
- Proactive and targeted outreach to owners of vacation homes
- Maintain strong cadences of follow-up with leads to help maximize conversion and meet goals
- Communicate the value of Vacasa’s services and guide owners through the initial discovery and meeting confirmations.
- Qualify leads to schedule with our sales executive partners while communicating Vacasa’s value to interested homeowners
- Collaborate with leadership on targeted opportunities pointed at maximum penetration and market share targets.
- Expertly manage your day-to-day through our CRM system (Hubspot) while building a strong sales pipeline
- Create strong working partnerships with teammates and cross functional partners.
- Partner with your manager and sales executives to track meeting success rate and outcome
- Actively contribute to a highly collaborative team culture
Skills you’ll need
- Ability to generate sales opportunities and build trust with prospects over the phone, work with other team members, and close sales
- Must be able to develop confidence with prospects and become an industry knowledgeable expert
- Grounded in ethical business practices
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and education
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient, while having the willingness to seek guidance and direction as needed
- Solid computer skills including experience with G Suite and cloud computing programs
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment while positively representing the company
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to set and exceed aggressive individual and organizational goals
- Ability to stay focused and enthusiastic throughout a full workday on the phones
- Strong active listener with a genuine curiosity
- Patient, reliable, and professional
- Positive mindset during the unexpected and within changing environments
- Self-motivated with a passion for achieving goals
- Ability brush off rejection
Vacasa offers a flexible working environment when it comes to your schedule and location preference. For our sales reps in Portland, you will have access to our corporate office and a shared workspace. Your initial new hire as well as ongoing training sessions will be virtual. This role requires frequent, repetitive use of a computer, phone, and office equipment.
Ability to work from home and resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, and WY
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
- $18.75/hr + uncapped commission structure! OTE $65,000+ a year
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.