GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
The Sales Development Rep (SDR) role is an entry-level individual contributor responsible for prospecting and driving a sales pipeline for GumGum’s Supply initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Supply, this role is responsible for developing new relationships with targeted publishers across the web and connected television. We require an understanding of typical sales concepts and creative flair for getting the attention of corporate brands.
SDR’s have basic knowledge of the digital media landscape, specifically across the web and video streaming platforms. The SDR is a self motivated operator who can work with internal teams and is committed to achieving and exceeding targets while growing GumGum’s supply pipeline.
Please note, GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and MN.
- Cold prospecting and reaching out to prospective clients, building opportunities for the sales pipeline and qualifying opportunities for the broader team within the US and Canadian market
- Respond, engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries
- Appropriately communicate product offerings, company identity, and corporate value proposition
- Work with senior business development team members to engage new prospects across targeted product initiatives
- Effectively partner with team members on outreach strategies, list development and messaging to drive qualified sales opportunities
- Effectively adapt and optimize outreach strategies towards working models
- Utilize sales tracking and engagement tools such as Salesforce, Salesloft, and Linkedin to streamline outreach efforts
- Schedule calls and demos for senior leaders
- Continuously grow GumGum and industry knowledge
- 1+ years of working in sales development roles developing and assessing opportunities in a B2B environment
- Proficient in SalesForce (is comfortable logging meetings, calls, pulling reports, etc.)
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills a must
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and organization in daily tasks
- Quick at problem solving internally
- Committed and motivated and passionate about GumGum and the Adtech industry
- Huge amounts of persistence, is outgoing and can build and maintain/grow client relationships at all levels
- Outgoing and passionate about building and maintaining client relationships at all levels
- Capable of persevering through objection and being ignored though persistence and creativity
- Sense of urgency in everything they do
- Flexible and have the ability to adjust quickly to changing demands or strategies
- Is open and adapts to change and innovation
- Thinks strategically and is comfortable with a rapid change
- Must be a highly motivated team player
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Pet Friendly Organization - We love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Virtual company events and (optional) in-person celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The VOICE Coalition - Through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
Return to office: Our big vision for our futuristic “Farmhouses” in 2022!
- Offices will now be referred to as the “GumGum Farmhouse” -- a futuristic space centered around a bigger purpose: flexibility, sustainability, community, and growth!
- GumGum will continue to be a flexible/remote-friendly environment, however, offices will re-open in 2022 for any employees who choose to come in to collaborate, participate in an event, host your clients, contribute to our growing of plants/herbs/vegetables/etc.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum expands globally! Our company recently acquired Just Premium, a European-based company that utilizes creatives as a means to develop digital environments. Just Premium’s rich media is one of the largest in the world, and brings forward higher performing ads that adds value to GumGum’s already thriving contextual intelligence. With this acquisition, we now have 375 + employees globally, as well as new market expansion including Germany, France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, and Mexico. Together we will become the most powerful global solution for a cookieless future through contextual technology and high-impact creatives.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum