Sales Development Representative at GumGum
GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
The Sales Development Rep (SDR) role is an entry-level individual contributor responsible for prospecting and driving a sales pipeline for GumGum’s Verity platform. Reporting to the Head of Verity, this role is responsible for starting and developing key relationships with brands, publishers and agencies to drive new opportunities for GumGum’s Verity Platform. We require an understanding of typical sales concepts and creative flair for getting the attention of corporate brands.
SDR’s have basic knowledge of the digital media landscape, brand safety, technology innovation and have 1-2+ years of sales experience. The SDR is a self motivated operator who can work with internal teams and is committed to achieving and exceeding targets while growing GumGum’s sales pipeline.
- Prospecting and reaching out to prospective clients, building opportunities for the sales pipeline and qualifying for broader team
- Respond, engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries
- Work with Sales Execs to engage new prospects to expand awareness, educate, ask for referrals, identify new opportunities and develop account intelligence
- Effectively partner and work across the sales and marketing teams to develop tailored messaging for key account targets
- Work closely with other operations teams to develop account intelligence, relationship maps, and use case opportunities through direct account engagement and insight tools
- Schedule appointments and demos for Sales leaders
- Hold intelligent and engaging conversations over the phone and email with prospective clients about the Verity platform
- Be a subject matter expert on the GumGum Verity Platform solution
- 1-2+ years of working in sales development roles developing and assessing opportunities in a B2B environment
- Proficient in SalesForce (is comfortable logging meetings, calls, pulling reports, etc.)
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills a must
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and organization in daily tasks
- Quick at problem solving internally
- Looking for someone who is hungry and motivated and passionate about our product and the brand safety industry
- Huge amounts of persistence, is outgoing and can build and maintain/grow client relationships at all levels
- Proactive not reactive in approach
- Sense of urgency in everything they do
- Flexible and have the ability to adjust quickly to changing demands or strategies
- Is open and adapts to change and innovation
- Creative and think outside the box and be strategic
- Continue to grow both GumGum and industry knowledge
- Must be a highly motivated team player
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The VOICE Coalition - Through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
Return to office: Our big vision for our futuristic “Farmhouses” in 2022!
- Offices will now be referred to as the “GumGum Farmhouse” -- a futuristic space centered around a bigger purpose: flexibility, sustainability, community, and growth!
- GumGum will continue to be a flexible/remote-friendly environment, however, offices will re-open in 2022 for any employees who choose to come in to collaborate, participate in an event, host your clients, contribute to our growing of plants/herbs/vegetables/etc.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum