Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
As a Sales Development Representative at Veeva, you will join a highly accelerated two-year path for ambitious and motivated individuals interested in a sales career. This accelerated sales track is comprised of two distinct phases:
Phase 1: You’ll work as a Sales Development Representative (SDR). We’ll teach you about the Life Sciences industry and SaaS technology. You’ll generate sales demand and pipeline revenue through inbound and outbound lead development. This role will help you build foundational sales skills and an authentic sales approach.
Phase 2: You will be promoted to Associate Account Partner and aligned to a sales team and sales manager. In this role, you will continue to develop leads, which will become the basis for your territory as an Account Partner. You will also shadow top-performing Account Partners to learn how they succeed and understand the entire deal cycle from lead to renewal.
We will invest in your learning and growth with formal education, peer-to-peer activities, coaching, and mentoring. Upon successfully completing of these two phases, you will be promoted to an Account Partner position in our Field Sales organization and positioned to continue a successful career in Sales.
What You'll Do
- Work within a defined territory to generate and qualify new leads and opportunities
- Research and develop a plan for breaking into your assigned accounts
- Partner closely with a sales team and account partners to advance and close your opportunities over time
- Build trusted relationships with prospective customers, understand their needs and recommend the right Veeva products and solutions
- Rapidly develop your sales skills on the job and through training and events
- 4+ years of professional experience with background in Sales or Life Sciences
- BA or BS Degree in a technical major (STEM, Economics, Accounting, etc.) with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Self-starter that is comfortable and confident taking initiative
- Organized. Can manage time and multiple priorities
- Willing to travel as needed
- Legally authorized to be employed in the United States without limitations or restrictions
Nice to Have
- Experience in Consulting, Customer Success, or Project Management
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- Experience or demonstrated interest in Life Sciences or Technology
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning and development
- Health and wellness programs
- Personalized giving program
- Flexible PTO
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
More Information on Veeva
Veeva operates in the Big Data industry. The company is located in New York, NY, Boston, MA, Pleasanton, CA, San Francisco, CA, Raleigh, NC, Fort Washington, PA, Fishers, IN, Philadelphia, PA, Dublin, OH and Radnor, PA. Veeva was founded in 2007. It has 6000 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Open door policy, Team based strategic planning, Open office floor plan, Employee resource groups, Employee-led culture committees and Remote work program. To see all 306 open jobs at Veeva, click here.
Read Full Job Description