Sales Development Representative at SchoolMint (New Orleans, LA)
SchoolMint is the leading SaaS platform driven by our mission to help educators create bright, more sustainable futures. We offer powerful products that help schools run smarter enrollment management and student behavior management.
We are a fast-growing and established EdTech company rooted strongly in our core values: No Jerks, Period; We, Not Me; Be Heroic; Bring Your Whole Self to Work; Embrace and Drive Change. We take these seriously. At SchoolMint we live what we preach and embody values that empower us to delight our customers with award-winning products and top-notch customer service
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will contribute to the growth of our sales pipeline through lead generation and inside sales activities, and support a team of Account Executives that oversee the full suite of SchoolMint SaaS products. This position is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team and have an immediate impact. The SchoolMint sales force has an inclusive, team-oriented sales culture that values both collaboration and results.
How You’ll Spend Your Time
- Identify top prospects (at inbound accounts from Marketing or companies you identify through prospecting) and how they would benefit the most from SchoolMint
- Figure out how to distill and deliver the SchoolMint value proposition in a way the prospect will relate to--discussing our products, integrations, and features
- Educate school administrators over the phone or email on our full suite of SaaS products
- Align the value of SchoolMint with the pains they are currently experiencing
- Follow the established SchoolMint sales process to manage a high-activity pipeline of leads
- Document interactions with prospects in Salesforce.com and communicate clearly and effectively with Account Executives when needed
Our Commitment to You: You will get to learn sales best practices in a fast-paced, world-class SaaS sales environment, surrounded by incredible people who want to see you succeed. If you work hard, we will make sure you’re prepared for a career at SchoolMint and cheer you on all the way!
A Sample Of The Challenges You’ll Tackle
A Charter School Superintendant is on the search for enrollment solutions and tried to push away the Sales Development Rep who called them, being hesitant to schedule anything from a cold call. The SDR was tenacious in making the case for why it was in the prospect’s best interest to get connected, as the SDR had done the work to pinpoint why it was a strong use case. The prospect eventually agreed and was handed off to the Account Executive.
Sound like a challenge you’re up for? Then read on!
Not so much? Then check out some of our other postings to find a better fit.
Because We Hire Superstars, Not Know-It-Alls, You Can Expect
Your first 3-6 months
- Learn SchoolMint products and messaging
- Learn about the people we help and how we’re able to help them
- Learn the tools necessary to be successful: CRM, Sales Engagement, Product Info, etc.
- Build relationships with your inside sales counterparts
- Leverage any opportunity you can to learn about the market and the business
- Consistently meet goals for setting introductory meetings between prospects and sales reps
- Based on success meeting & exceeding goals & expectations – Growth opportunity into Account Executive or SDR Leadership
- Continue to build on your core skills and product/industry knowledge
- Know what it takes to meet or exceed your goals and maintain the momentum to do so
- Begin to expand your knowledge of closing-role sales duties and responsibilities
- Work with mentors to set goals for yourself to gain consideration for promotion
Here is What’s Needed to Succeed in This Role...
Experience, Education, & Certifications
- Prior work experience that demonstrates dependability, work ethic, and strong desire to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- You communicate in a clear, persuasive, and compelling manner over the phone
- You are coachable and take every opportunity to learn--both from others and from available resources
- You learn processes and software quickly
- You are competitive - you want to outwork those around you and be rewarded for your level of effort and not the amount of time you've been in the role
- You can articulate value and figure out what matters to people
- You actively listen with genuine curiosity and easily collaborate with prospects and colleagues
- You are resourceful, resilient, persistent, and creative