Hi, we’re TechnologyAdvice.
At TechnologyAdvice, we pride ourselves on helping B2B tech buyers manage the complexity and risk of the buying process. We are a trusted source of information for tech buyers, delivering advice and facilitating connections between our buyers and the world’s leading sellers of business technology.
Established in 2006 out of our founder’s dorm room, we continue to expand our business. In 2021 we acquired TechRepublic, and in 2020, we acquired QuinStreet B2B, both leading resources for IT and business decision makers. These critical acquisitions included global teams of dynamic technology and media professionals to enhance our presences in the US, the UK, Singapore, and Australia. We now have more than 20 digital media brands and over 500 global team members, representing 12 languages.
Listed on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies five times and a five-time recipient of the annual Tennessee Top Workplaces awards, we take both our growth and employee engagement seriously. We work hard each day, but we know how to have fun, too, with monthly virtual events, recreational slack channels, and the occasional costumed dance from our CEO.
The Sales Development Rep’s main objectives are to foster relationships with potential clients and help the sales team exceed revenue targets by creating sales meetings and opportunities. The SDR is often the first point of contact our clients have and will be the first experience the customer has with TA. Using a consultative approach, the Sales Development Rep is to uncover customer needs, introduce TA’s solutions and connect prospective customers with the appropriate Client Strategy Director.
How You'll Contribute…
- Create engaging videos, emails and linkedIn messages to help break through the noise
- Respond, engage, and qualify leads and inquiries from technologyadvice.com/partners
- Exceed daily client engagement goals through phone, email, and social media touches
- Cold prospect and find new contacts and accounts
- Create and articulate compelling value propositions around TA offerings
- Monitor SDR-created deals and brainstorms ways to help move deals through the sales process
- Establish effective outreach cadences and cold calling tactics/strategies
- Communicate with prospects and coordinate their calendars with the AE who will be taking the call
- Work closely with the Director of Client Strategy to pass off opportunities
What You Bring…
- Our ideal candidate has at least one year of professional sales experience, but lots of experience in thinking on his/her feet. We're looking for someone who's hungry to learn and can do so quickly, while also bringing new ideas and creativity to the team. Bonus points if you're technical enough to already know your way around Salesforce, Salesloft, or another CRM platform!
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fast learner and passion for sales
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- A confident and determined outlook
- Resilience - the ability to cope with rejection
- Competitive mentality
- Being coachable is a must
- Remote, hybrid, and in-office work options - your choice!
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability)
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Flexible paid time off, take time off when you need it!
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Subscription reimbursement to the Headspace App
- Monthly fitness membership reimbursement
- Team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Bucket List Benefit: We’ll financially help you check something off your bucket list
- Ongoing career development meetings, professional development opportunities, and incentives
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and more
- In-office coffee, snacks, ping pong, beer on Fridays, and catered lunches 4 days/week
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
We believe that our differences make us stronger and foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. TechnologyAdvice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Pre-employment screening required.