Sales Development Representative, Teams at Stack Overflow (Remote)
Best known for its public platform, Stack Overflow helps people find the answers they need, when they need them. That includes serving up relevant technologies to the community through Stack Overflow Advertising, providing direct access to technology-specific subject matter experts with Collectives™, sharing more about companies as future employers, and helping teams scale with its market-leading knowledge sharing and collaboration platform, Stack Overflow for Teams.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is a critical part of our high-performing sales team. As an SDR, you will be responsible for uncovering and developing qualified opportunities from inbound leads as well as via creative outbound prospecting for our Stack Overflow for Teams Sales Team. Reporting to the Director of Sales Development, you will be challenged, you will develop as a sales professional, and you will have fun!
What you'll do:
- Create new business opportunities to drive Stack Overflow's growth
- Work closely with Sales Executives to ensure smooth handoff and a good experience for our future customers
- Engage with key stakeholders at target accounts within a set region
- Provide feedback and viewpoint from the customer and sales team to help improve the Stack Overflow's product and business
- Advocate for the Stack Overflow's platform and our position within the global developer community
- Perform daily prospecting activities including:
- Pre-call research and planning
- Connecting with prospects on the phone
- Following up with previous contacts (nurturing leads)
- Maintaining Salesforce records
- Social selling
What you'll need to have:
- 1-3 years of proven excellence in business development, preferably in SaaS or technology-based company
- Focused, self-motivated, outgoing, curious, and creative personality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong and professional presence to high-level executives
- Ability to self manage tasks and achieve target numbers for contacts and opportunities
- A desire to pursue a career in software sales
- Passion about the Stack Overflow story and our global connection to developers and ways that we can help them learn, share, and level up
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with G-suite & Salesforce, is a plus
What we value:
- Servant Leadership: The best managers lead by empowering and inspiring their team to do their best work.
- Collaboration: The best products are created when people from different backgrounds and disciplines work closely together in an environment of respect and trust.
- Transparency: Trust is built on openness and transparency. If there is not a good reason to keep it a secret, we share it.
- Inclusion: We do our best work when we can be our whole selves at work. We're committed to policies and benefits that support people, and managers who foster an open and inclusive culture.
What You'll Get in Return:
- Competitive Base Salary between $56K and $84K USD + Commission
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Equity for all employees at all level
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health & wellness stipend
- Home Internet stipend
- Professional allocation for your growth and development
- Company-paid access to Calm, Bravely, LinkedIn Learning, and Overdrive
If your role is not located in one of our offices.... We'll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office. And, you will receive an additional $400 allowance for your home office set up on each anniversary date.
We're a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work in one of our offices, you'll be part of a team culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.