Sales Development Representative, Strategic Accounts at Muck Rack (Remote)
Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables PR teams to work together to find the right journalists for their stories, send customized pitches, build meaningful relationships with the media, monitor news, and quantify their impact.
Founder controlled, fully distributed, and growing sustainably, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Inc., G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for a motivated and personable Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our team and make a big impact.
As one of our Strategic Accounts SDRs, you will own & research a list of named accounts to generate opportunities through outbound and inbound outreach. You should be excited about researching to find the most relevant contacts and engaging them through email, phone and LinkedIn (predominantly email). We’re looking for an ambitious self starter with strong verbal and written communication skills. You’ll be working in a fast-paced sales environment where you'll be the first "face" of Muck Rack to prospective customers, representing our team, culture, and brand.What you’ll do:
- Partner closely with an Account Executive to strategize on accounts
- Manage and overcome objections from potential buyers
- Identify and execute efficient strategies in order to conduct outreach in a personalized way
- Organize leads in Muck Rack’s sales CRM (HubSpot), which includes maintaining proper records, activities, and reports/forms
- Propose creative ways to engage target accounts using Muck Rack’s proprietary tools
- Perform A/B testing on different outreach campaigns to gather data for sales enablement
- Follow the PR industry and news cycle to identify real time sales opportunities
- Monthly & quarterly meetings held goal
- Pipeline sourced
- Meeting quality
- 1 year of experience working in SaaS, PR or other customer facing role, with a sales-oriented mindset
- Innate curiosity and a love for building relationships with new people
- PR experience or degree is highly preferred
- Excellent writing skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to write creative, personalized emails to prospects and to communicate clearly and concisely with team members
- Strong written communication skills with a natural ability to connect and engage with potential customers and develop rapport quickly
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Highly accountable, self-motivated, and with a growth mindset that keeps you open to feedback and coaching
- An ability to get up-to-speed on new tools quickly—we use Google Apps, HubSpot, & Slack
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for our Strategic Accounts SDR role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- Take-home assignment (1 hour max)
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- Final interview with several members of our team
In the US, the base salary for this role is $53,000, with $68,000+ in OTE. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
Remote Work, Forever. We’re a fully distributed team and have pledged to remain that way forever. We offer employees a full home office setup, phone & internet reimbursement, and a monthly coworking membership. We build culture through virtual and in-person team bonding opportunities including team lunches, friendly competitions, and celebratory events!
Transparent Compensation. We offer competitive geo-neutral pay in the U.S. and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market. Depending on the role, we offer either a standardized bonus program or attainable commission structure and an opportunity to earn equity in the company. All employees are eligible for our 401(k) plan* with employer contributions.
Health & Wellness*. Muck Rack provides comprehensive health, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employees and their families. We offer two plans with 100% premium coverage for individuals and 85% premium coverage for dependents, as well as a range of other plans. Our team also has access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, as well as FSA and HSA options. Team members have access to a quarterly wellness stipend and a free Headspace subscription.
PTO and Family Benefits. Our team enjoys 4+ weeks of off-the-grid PTO, plus paid sick/mental health days, summer Fridays, and 13 paid holidays. In order to combat Zoom fatigue and allow for deep work without interruption, we have implemented “No Internal Meeting Fridays” year round. We also provide up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
Personal & Professional Development. We grow talent by creating internal pathways for advancement and promotion. Muck Rack conducts bi-annual performance reviews, hosts team-wide workshops, and offers management training and leadership training opportunities. We also provide unlimited subscriptions to L&D platforms including Coursera & O’Reilly, as well as 2 additional days of PTO to dedicate to learning and development.
Culture of Inclusion. We know that diverse perspectives breed innovation and help us better serve our customers. We are committed to ensuring employees feel their identities are valued and that people of all backgrounds and points of view are treated equitably.
Customer-First. Founder-controlled means we have the freedom to be nimble, highly collaborative and innovative, building forward-thinking products that enable 3,000+ companies around the world to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media.
*These benefits are specific to US-based employees. In some, but not all, cases we are able to offer equivalent benefits to employees located outside of the United States.