Sales Development Representative - Southern Europe at Fastly (Remote)
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Sales Development Representative - Southern Europe
Looking to get into tech sales? No tech experience? That’s okay - we’ll teach you everything you need to know through our extensive onboarding program! Fastly is looking for individuals who are passionate about an extraordinary work environment and are motivated to exceed expectations and advance their career in B2B software sales. Your efforts directly contribute to Fastly’s top-line revenue growth. As a Sales Development Representative, you are responsible for uncovering, sourcing, educating, nurturing, and developing sales leads into qualified opportunities from key accounts that will close and add to Fastly’s growing customer base. You are focused on identifying opportunities and building relationships with prospects at the Enterprise level and leveraging your experience to make an impact
This position will be based in our [London] office (working remotely until it is safe to return to our offices).
The ideal candidate loves the thrill of the hunt, is motivated by a career in tech sales, a self-starter, driven, curious, and eager to learn. This position will be based in the UK
What You'll Do
- Research and prospect into Target Accounts
- Cold call, email & leverage LinkedIn for strategic outreach
- Utilise lead generation tools like LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesforce, Outreach, ZoomInfo, LeadIQ
- Act as a collaborative strategic partner to Enterprise Account Executives
- Exceed specific daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly pipeline metrics to help achieve sales goals
What We're Looking For
- Proven track record of success and thrive in the metrics-driven culture.
- At the core, you are curious and desire to meet a customer’s unarticulated and unmet needs.
- Demonstrate an insatiable desire to learn and improve.
- Adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Can get things done despite obstacles or challenges.
- Ability to proactively resolve problems in a timely manner; develop alternative solutions.
- Understands customer requirements and identifies business challenges that Fastly can solve.
- Have a desire to work hard, exceed expectations, and outperform their quotas.
- A student by nature - not only accepts feedback but seeks it out. Not afraid to ask for help.
- Fluency in Spanish
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in ANY of these:
- Experience in sales or the tech space
- SaaS/cloud experience, Salesforce experience
- Proven ability to influence others and create a sense of urgency
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.