Sales Development Representative, Software Sales at Homebase
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. We are not Human Capital Management. We are not HR Software. We’re tools built for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on paperwork and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
You’re a builder. You’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment. You set big goals for yourself and work hard to accomplish them. You thrive in a performance-driven environment where your contributions are recognized. You’re excited at the prospect of being an early team member and flexing your entrepreneurial muscle. You crave impact—and you’re ready to build something amazing and long-lasting.
At Homebase, we are committed to innovation and launching new products to serve our customer's ever-evolving needs. As a member of our Sales team, you’ll work closely with small business owners, to help them understand the features and benefits of our product.
You’ll practice consultative selling each day. You’ll discover customer needs, emerge as an expert advisor, and guide prospects to utilize our all-in-one solution for their HR needs. You’ll engage with customers through a variety of channels; phone, chat, email, text, and help guide them through their buying journey to ultimately choose Homebase for their back-office needs.
As a direct partner to Product, Operations, and Marketing, your insights will inform how Homebase improves our product and processes. Your contributions will set us up to scale rapidly and build this new revenue stream. As one of the early members of the Sales team, you will help us chart the path for future Homebasers to come!
- Handle a mix of inbound and outbound calls, as well as utilize chat/email/text to engage with customers and help answer their questions
- Manage a consistent flow of inbound opportunities/leads, driving customers to adoption to hit our team goals
- Qualifying leads through proactive outreach to schedule a conversation with an Account Executive when needed or help them complete their onboarding process
- Help customers along their buying journey, ensuring we are moving deals down the funnel at a consistent rate and identifying areas for improvement
- Partner with our operations team to address and resolve any implementation issues a customer may be facing during the setup phase
- 1+ years of Sales, Customer Success, or Customer service experience in a call center environment, with a strong track record of success
- Desire to grow your career and hone your sales skills through hard work and perseverance
- Excellent communication skills across multiple channels (phone/email/chat/text/Slack)
- A dedication to supporting small businesses and providing a positive customer experience
- Gets shit done - Moves quickly and with urgency to deliver results. Strong bias to action.
- Strong work ethic - Willing to work hard and put in the time to accomplish outsized goals.
- Learning mindset - Proactive in personal development. Highly curious and driven to learn.
- Sets a high bar - Expects personal and team performances to be world-class.
- Humble - Delivers exceptional results without an ego. Shares credit broadly.
- Team Player - Collaborative. Motivates and creates positive environments for colleagues and teams.
What We Offer You
- Stock Options - everyone is an owner
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- 401(k) program +4% company match
- Remote work with hybrid option in multiple locations
- Top-of-the-line equipment and home office $$
- Annual Holidays and Accrued PTO
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team
- Fun company activities
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.