Join us as Ceros embarks on the next chapter in our mission to unlock creativity. Ceros is evolving into the essential design platform for professional creatives the world over. Our suite of cloud-based tools empower professional creators to push the boundaries of creativity, while our collaboration tools make it easy to get everyone involved in the process.
Today, our products power some of the most engaging experiences on the web. In 2021 alone, interactive content created with Ceros Studio — from landing pages and pitch decks to interactive social media — has been viewed more than half a billion times. In the meantime, more than 3 million comments have been added to digital content using Markup, our new visual collaboration tool.
Working at Ceros means having an impact at scale. Our products and services are leveraged by top tier brands such as Mashable, Bloomberg, Red Bull or Pinterest and are loved by more than 500,000 users. And we are building something even bigger and better: the creative operating system of the future.
We are backed up and well-funded by top-tier investors including Sumeru Equity Partners, Grotech Ventures, Greycroft, and Starvest Partners.
We are remote first forever with a 4½ day workweek that finishes every Friday at 1pm.
Business Development Representatives play a critical role in driving the growth of Ceros and serve on the front line of enabling Ceros to help and inspire other companies. Our mission to unlock creativity and help businesses successfully transform their digital experiences reaches many of our future customers by the direct outreach and relationship built by the efforts of our BDRs.
Functionally, this role is focused on generating pipeline by crafting targeted outreach campaigns though cold-calling, email, and LinkedIn outreach with the primary goal of scheduling first meetings with a Ceros New Business Director. In addition to sourcing qualified leads, BDRs are equally responsible for working their deal pipeline with their NBD, to close new business. In this role you'll develop skills and be trained on best practices to use outbound emails and phone calls to book meetings. Success in this role is ensuring that your sales team always has a strong pipeline of new leads.
- Passionately evangelize Ceros to and develop relationships with sales prospects
- Manage prospects from initial contact to close alongside supported New Business Director
- Manage against monthly prospecting targets by developing new business opportunities through video outreach, LinkedIn, email and phone
- Master internal processes and systems (Hubspot, Salesloft, Gong, Guru, Lessonly)
- Manage a pipeline of opportunities, working closely with a New Business Director to strategically map accounts, understand next steps and plan strategy
- Be fully engulfed in one’s industry and pinpoint key trends happening, common pain points, and strategize for further growth within said industry
- Call qualified opportunities that are post first call to gain clarity/ set next step
- Develop a strong understanding of organizational charts
- Be responsive on all emails; follow through with leads
Practical things we anticipate you having
- 0+ years of sales experience
- Organization and Tracking Skills - track individual target accounts and assist with pipeline reviews
- Discipline and Focus - self-motivation, dedication, and determination to reach out and foster new engagements and relationships
- Strong Writing Skills - write effective and eye catching emails to prospective customers
- Coachability - willingness to learn, practice, and improve critical skills
- Performance and Growth Driven Mentality - a desire to serve your team and support company growth by consistently hitting your targets
What we’re looking for from the heart
- Creativity - You find a way
- Authenticity - You take your job more seriously than you take yourself
- Passion - You give a shit
- Courageous honesty - You speak up and push boundaries
- Respectfulness - You keep things civil
- Curiosity - You want to learn new things
- Human whisperer - You listen and seek to understand by asking questions before responding
- Time traveller - You prioritize consciously and use your time wisely and efficiently
- You practice empathy and accountability
Key things to know
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- This is a remote first role
- Competitive Salary
- Stock options
- Uncapped commissions
- Premium health insurance
- 401K match
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation days
- Wellness Fridays (Half Day Fridays)
- Excellent gear (Macbook Air, external monitor, etc.)
- Stipend for the home office set up
- Growth and Learning opportunities within the company
- Virtual experiences in which Cerosians can collaborate, educate, and create social connections with one another
At Ceros, we are deeply committed to the recruitment, retention, and growth of diverse talent; uniting people from unique backgrounds in our shared passion for unlocking creativity through technology.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.