Sales Development Representative - Raleigh, NC at Zscaler
Traditional security companies are becoming less relevant as cloud adoption and digital transformation become the norm in every industry. Zscaler runs the world’s largest security cloud and has been a leader for over a decade, helping reinvent cybersecurity for the cloud. We are well positioned to dominate this massively growing cloud security market and now is a fantastic time to launch your career in tech sales with us.
The Zscaler Sales Culture
Winning Technology and Products – We offer the best technology and products for the cloud first world. We pioneered cloud security and continue to grow our $70B addressable market by releasing new products every year.
Investing in People – A well-funded and world-class Sales Strategy and Enablement Team to help you succeed. Sales process, practical methods and training to help you ramp faster and close larger deals as companies accelerate their move to the cloud.
Supportive Leadership – An industry leading leadership team with strong values, off the chart business acumen that will help you succeed quickly, while providing mentorship and career growth.
Competitive; We Play to Win – We are playing in a rapidly growing space and huge market mega-shifts that lead customers directly to Zscaler; tracking a growth path similar to Salesforce, Workday, & ServiceNow.Job Description
The Sales Development Representative will play a key role in driving new business opportunities for the US, Canada and Latin America by researching companies and setting high-value introductory appointments for our sales team in support of our rapidly growing business and high growth market.
**Hybrid, 2 days in office required per week
- Researching large enterprises to understand their current initiatives, plans and challenges, as well as utilizing this research strategically to build meaningful relationships with prospective customers.
- Crafting personalized and account-based messaging that will be delivered via the phone, email, social media, video and other channels, to help customers understand how we align with their goals and build connections. Quality over quantity is important here.
- Reaching out to various leaders within cybersecurity teams to discuss their current projects and IT roadmap, as well as CXO-level initiatives. Executive presence and communication skills are key.
- Schedule well-qualified appointments with key decision makers within targeted companies to further discuss our solutions.
- Connect with inbound inquiries, direct as needed, educate and prepare them and our sales team to have a high-value conversation.
- Learn and demonstrate understanding of Zscaler’s technology and “Zero Trust” security model – and clearly articulate capabilities and advantages to prospective customers to successfully manage and overcome prospect objections.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing teams in the development of strategic prospecting approaches, account-based selling, and marketing campaign synergy.
- Will use tools including Salesforce (CRM), Outreach (Sales Campaigns), ZoomInfo/6Sense (Account/Buyer Intent), and GSuite (email, file sharing, collaboration).
- Bachelor’s degree (majors could include Business, Communications, Political Science, IT or any other relevant areas)
- 1-3 years in outbound focused sales position desired; customer oriented background required
- Highly motivated self-starter with competitive personality and strong attention to detail
- Team player who possesses a desire and ability to work in a fast paced, goal oriented, high-growth sales environment
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive presence
- Ability to demonstrate an aptitude for technology / cybersecurity
- Demonstrated success in prospecting into Fortune 500 companies desired
- Proven capabilities and skills in account development, opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call structure/control, and time and territory management desired
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team with a focus on collaboration
The base salary range for this full-time position is $39,375 to $52,500 + commission + equity + benefits.
Zscaler’s salary ranges are benchmarked and are determined by role and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations and could be higher or lower based on a multitude of factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zscaler is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations or adjustments) in our recruiting processes for candidates who are differently abled, have long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]. This email address is used specifically for accommodation requests only, and resumes, CV's, or questions other than accommodations will not be replied to or accepted.