Sales Development Representative, Publisher Growth at Sovrn
About the Team
The Growth team is responsible for prospecting leads, helping publishers discover new products, and driving revenue growth for Sovrn. Our goal is to be world class in everything we do, from the service we provide our publishers to our interactions with teammates and colleagues. We’re a lean and efficient group from around the world, and we ground our work in a sense of community that’s built on our collective strengths. We help each other excel professionally with regular training and empathetic feedback sessions, and we take our team building exercises just as seriously. Our mission is simple: give publishers the tools they need to do more of what they love and less of what they don’t.
About the Job
The Sales Development Representative is a pivotal position to the future success of Sovrn. As an integral part of our sales team, you are responsible for generating new business leads by searching all corners of the internet, Linkedin, etc. In addition you will be asked to use your creativity in ways to help drive additional growth for our publisher team. This is an opportunity for someone to have a direct impact on our future while gaining valuable experience into the ad-tech industry.
What you will be doing:
- Proactively seek new business opportunities, manage the sales cycle from lead generation, qualification and then transferring to the team
- Categorize prospective clients based on business needs
- Identify prospective clients through resources provided and independent research
- Develop strategic approaches to find new prospects, current and past clients, using LinkedIn, Sales Navigator, and other available sources of information to identify new business opportunities and develop prospect- and client-specific profile information
- Assist in monitoring market trends and analyzing competition
- Identifying solutions to best obtain contact information
- Utilize individual and mass email for prospecting
- Prepare and manage all prospecting lists
- Gain a deep understanding of our products and services
You have strong analytical abilities as well as communication skills to help our Publisher Growth team better understand who their contacts are. You are coachable and are committed to being a great teammate. You are intellectually curious, creative and have a desire to learn and improve.
The successful candidate will have:
- Sales development experience
- Ability to think strategically, understanding the art of research and prospecting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented, and able to thrive in deadline-driven environment
- Results oriented and motivated - ready to level up to your career goals
- Curiosity: You’re a “forever learner” with an insatiable desire to gain new skills and knowledge
- Enthusiasm. A fun and energetic co-worker
- You like the pace of a start-up -gets excited by a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Outstanding analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a dynamic environment
- SDR/BDR experience with ad tech companies through a role at a DSP, SSP, ad network, data company, or ad exchange
- Experience with Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Looker, Similar Web, Sales Engagement Platforms.
Position Reports to: Director, Publisher Growth
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the total compensation for this role includes an annual base salary range of $45,000 to $50,000 plus variable compensation for an annual on target earnings (OTE) of $55,000 - $65,000 for Boulder/Denver Colorado. OTE reflected is based on 100% quota attainment. Actual earnings may be less or more depending on a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and performance.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.