Sales Development Representative, New Grad 2021 or 2022 at Benchling
Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling’s applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanity’s most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world’s most renowned research institutes.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Sales Development Representative with a love for selling and a tenacious and methodical approach to prospecting.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Create a fantastic first impression with prospects and customers while building pipeline for Account Executives
- Follow up and qualify inbound requests and MQLs, via the telephone and email, for scientific fit
- Organize, categorize, and prioritize sales leads in Salesforce and measure lead conversion and performance against quota
- Leverage prospecting tools to research companies and identify key decision makers at new accounts
- Develop customized pitches for different target accounts and personas
- Work with Account Executives to drive outbound prospecting activities, including cold calling, emailing, and communicating our value proposition to decision makers
- Work with the field marketing and sales teams to drive attendance at Benchling field events such as executive dinners and happy hours
- Staff tradeshows and follow-up on leads collected at the Benchling booth
- Pursuing BS or M.Sc. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or similar life science field (required), and able to start a full-time role between February 2022 - September 2022
- Experience in a Sales Development Representative, Business Development Representative, or similar role
- Alternatively, strong interest in SDR role with some prior life sciences experience
- Passionate about Benchling’s mission and the acceleration of life sciences research
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and cold call
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Persistent, self-motivated, and willing to go beyond strict job responsibilities
- Driven to meet/exceed goals with a proven history of consistent high achievement
- Gritty and resourceful
- Methodical and disciplined work ethic
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Yearly educational stipend
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.