Sales Development Manager at Caribou (Remote)
At Caribou, we’re on a mission to help drivers save money and take control of their car payments. Caribou does this by using technology to unlock low rates, and people to make the process easy and enjoyable. We offer a fully online application and a dedicated team to walk you through the process. We put Drivers in control.
In the last year alone, we grew revenue by 5x and raised a $50M Series B. We’re built by leaders from the technology, automotive, and finance industries, and we’re proud to be backed by a great team of venture capital investors, including QED Investors, Goldman Sachs, Moderne Ventures, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures and others.
About the Role
Caribou is looking for a Sales Development Manager to build, lead, and manage a world class team of Insurance Sales Development Representatives (IDRs). This role is perfect for you if you thrive on driving high performance sales teams in an energetic, high growth environment.
The Insurance Manager has:
- Experience leading a team of 10-15 Insurance Development Representatives
- A transparent metrics driven mindset and philosophy that guides decision making
- Proven ability to create and foster a positive team environment that rewards achievement, accountability and teamwork
- Experience developing, monitoring, and driving team SLA’s (call volume, call time, call cadence, lead funnels, conversion rates)
- Exceptional coaching competence, conducting one-on-ones, call monitoring, call reviews, script optimization, performance improvement plans and further skill development of team members
- Proven critical thinker, skilled at working well with cross functional teams, ability to quickly implement solutions and track performance
- Experience in heavy call center environments a plus
- Experience with CRM (SalesForce, HubSpot) and telephony systems (Ring Central) a plus
- Insurance industry experience a plus
- P&C License a plus
This role can be based out of Caribou offices in Washington, DC; Denver, CO; Austin, TX. Alternatively, the role may be based remotely within the U.S. This role requires attendance at occasional in-person team meetings. Caribou currently requires that all personnel and visitors to any of its offices are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. As a result, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this position (subject to any exemptions or accommodations due to medical or religious reasons).
If you’re a tactical self-starter who wants to take on new challenges every day, you’ll be perfect for this role. You:
- 5+ years of sales management experience leading a sales team of 8+ people.
- Analytical skills to develop new insights, driving operational strategy and revenue growth
- Computer literacy and ability to manage and adapt with multiple software programs
- Experience in property & casualty insurance, including auto, is a major plus
- Experience managing and scaling a high volume operations center
- Strong communication skill
- Must be authorized to work in the USA
How we will take care of you
Everyone at Caribou is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value Take Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive base salary compensation: $50k-$75k/annual base salary
- Equity in a high growth startup
- Fantastic health, dental, vision, and mental health insurance, and a generous PTO plan
- Company-paid for short & long term disability insurance and basic life insurance
- Optional benefits include HSAs, FSAs, voluntary life insurance, and pet insurance.
Our Core Values
We come from all walks of life and are joined together by our shared values, which guide our work. This helps us improve life for our customers, our communities and our team members.
- See people as people
- Take care of each other
- Commit to the mission
- Move quickly and bravely
- Get better every day
- Seek truth
Caribou is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above, and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.