Sales Automation Manager - Messaging and Strategy at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
At Upwork, we are looking for a Sales Automation Manager to fuel our high-growth sales efforts with strategic outreach across our sales funnel. In this role, you will leverage your automation and operational skills to build the infrastructure and messaging to ensure quality and consistent customer outreach across the sales organization. You’ll need to understand automation tools like High Velocity Sales, Outreach or Salesloft and have a strong working knowledge of Salesforce.
You will work closely with multiple cross-functional partners within Demand Gen, Sales, Customer Success, Sales Enablement, Sales Training, Sales Operations, Content Marketing, Marketing Automation, and Category Marketing to immerse yourself in the customer journey, identify opportunities, execute operational improvements and strategies, measure impact, and share learnings. This exciting new role will help shape a growing and high-visibility program for Upwork. This is a great fit if you: have a strong background in automation and process improvement, thrive working in a dynamic environment and can balance strategic thinking with exceptional execution. This role will report directly to the Senior Manager of Sales Enablement & Category Marketing.Your Responsibilities:
- Optimization - Own and optimize a corporate sales messaging strategy to increase effectiveness of sales owned customer touchpoints through our sales automation tool, High Velocity Sales. Utilize both qualitative and quantitative feedback to inform decisions, projects and prioritization of roadmap.
- Measurement - ensure automation and messaging is contributing to overall productivity of the sales teams and conversion of leads into new logos and growth opportunities. Partner with the Sales Operations team to establish consistent metrics across the team that identify key trends in the business which can be acted upon.
- Leadership - Lead a team of sales copywriters and activate their expertise in client personas and high-impact messaging in email cadences and templates.
- Project Generation - Identify potential projects that allow sales to capitalize on unrealized opportunities in the customer journey and increase conversion of leads into revenue for the sales team.
- Partner with cross functional teams to identify and develop product scale roadmaps, go to market strategies and expansion plans.
- Track sales email best practices, monitor industry trends and make recommendations for A/B testing opportunities.
- Persuasive with demonstrated history of success.
- Strong analytical skills to dissect problems and come up with decisive action plans.and ability to think strategically and make sound judgment to plan to achieve goals.
- Marketing or sales automation background, within a B2B company and/or experience working with a Sales organization
- Enthusiasm for project management and cross-functional collaboration, and ability to adjust to various communication styles and build relationships across teams
- Attention to detail and exceptional listening, writing, and organizational skills and receptive to partner feedback, and demonstrated ability to test, learn, and optimize processes
- Working experience with Salesforce and High Velocity Sales, Salesloft or Outreach
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.