Sales Account Manager at Verisk (Remote)
Verisk GeoInformation, a Verisk Business, is an award-winning market leader in geospatial data and analytical solutions in the UK. Their detailed national property and land-use data help insurers to gain a deeper understanding of risk and build more accurate risk pricing models. The data is widely used by Government and Infrastructure and Land and Property markets. Elements of the data are also incorporated into Verisk products for the insurance industry. To learn more visit www.verisk.com/geoinformation. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
This is a key position in a small sales team. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Sales Account Manager will be responsible for growing revenues and developing business into key accounts, by establishing/expanding relationships with assigned accounts and developing prospects within specific market sectors and/or territories.
Primary duties will include, but not limited to,
- Sales & business development into specific accounts and market sectors
- Generation of new business
- Account management to retain and grow business with existing customers
- Responding to sales enquiries, tenders and requests for quotations
- Research on targeted markets and accounts, identification of key decision makers; pre-qualification of business potential
- Development and presentation of sales materials including presentations, demonstrations, webinars, blogs, and market studies
- Support of marketing initiatives, including attendance at events and trade shows
- Providing market intelligence and customer feedback to support product development
- Sales or sales support experience - ideally in commercial software/data sales environment
- Excellent listening, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient with MS Office
- Familiarity with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce.com) is desired
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice