Sales Account Executive (Core) (Remote Atlanta or Remote Tennessee)
We are looking for a self-starter, results-driven, sales professional to actively prospect, forecast and manage relationships with automakers (OEMs) and national sales companies (NSCs). Position would interact with multiple client personas including strategic planning, market representation, incentives, sales operations, marketing, parts and service, and procurement.
The Sales Executive will work closely with the Account Manager and be responsible for developing a comprehensive strategic plan resulting in revenue growth through expanding the current revenue base, while developing new revenue opportunities for IHS Markit market reporting, dealer network planning and recall offerings for existing and new clients.
The ideal candidate is adept at building relationships and gaining credibility as a trusted advisor. If you enjoy getting to understand your client's business and strategic goals, and matching them to IHS Markit solutions, you could be the person we are looking for - apply now!
General Job Duties:
- Responsible for account management as well as supporting new business development while ensuring stellar customer satisfaction
- Ongoing generation of a sales pipeline matching core IHS Markit solutions to customer challenges to support overall revenue growth in line with quota
- Work effectively and efficiently with internal product and consulting teams, account management teams, Marketing, and Sales Operations
- Provide exceptional customer service for current products while implementing a comprehensive customer retention strategy, with a focus on growth/business development
- Project management including client onboarding, and on-going client deliverables
- Maintain in real time all sales activity in CRM platform with up to date information
- Collaborate cross functionally with peers and colleagues to share best-practices and to ensure that the "voice of the customer" is reflected in marketing, product, operational and decision-making processes
- Bachelor's Degree or higher and/or equivalent work experience in related field, advanced degree preferred
- 3-8 years of sales experience (data/autos) and/or client-facing experience with one or more areas within market representation, incentives, sales operations, marketing, parts and service, and procurement areas
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships
- Ability to understand prospect workflow, strategy and objective to provide solution-based approach for successful outcome
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Comfortable working remotely (self-starter)
- Knowledge of sales CRM software to track sales opportunities and customer activity
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under limited supervision and handle multiple tasks
- Ambition, initiative, drive, motivation, and a desire to succeed and grow professionally
- Highly organized and capable of effectively prioritizing tasks
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $75,000 to $90,000. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for a sales commission plan. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location and commensurate with experience.
Candidate will need to be located in market in Tennessee (remote) for client accessibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: [email protected] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.