Who We Are:
StackCommerce is the leading commerce + content platform. For consumers, we help them discover and purchase products directly on the news and content sites they visit daily. For merchants, we provide unmatched exposure through shoppable articles and product features on the world’s largest media outlets. For publishers, we power white-labeled e-commerce shops with on-site checkout for over 1,000 publishers including Yahoo!, CNN, Hearst, Mashable, NY Post, TMZ, MarketWatch, and many more. TPG’s Integrated Media acquired a majority stake in the company in December 2020.
StackCommerce is looking for a closer to curate digital (Apps+Software) and Education Courses goods to help us generate meaningful revenue. You will be reaching out to and managing relationships with key partners for assortment curation, promotions and pipeline development. This position reports to Director Digital Sales
What You'll Do:
- Cultivate relationships with cool, high quality hard to find, first to market products/vendors
- Stay relevant with digital trends and source product accordingly
- Foster strong relationship with instructors to create meaningful and relevant educational courses
- Develop pricing/bundling strategy for digital goods. Where possible, also develop strategy for bundling of physical and digital goods
- Develop and present a robust strategy around Education courses to leadership and execute
- Leverage current connections and related experience in sales to build alliances with the best brands on the planet
- Work to find the best solution using high financial acumen, strong attention to detail/ process and creative solutions.
- Be held to revenue goals, sales activity metrics, and win goals
- Develop unique engagement programs to engage vendors short-term and long-term
- Collaborate with team to develop curation product attributes
- Be a master sales hacker by leveraging SalesForce, Gmail, Google Sheets, and other apps in your sales stack to get the deals done.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years of dedicated business-to-business inside sales experience.
- Experience canvassing and cold-calling into businesses, including negotiations with director and above level contacts.
- Experience with ecommerce buying, daily deals, and lifestyle products.
- SalesForce experience.
- Direct cold email and phone sales experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proven track record in business consulting and selling.
- Action-oriented, motivated and the previous results of demonstrated success.
- Ability to close 6-figure daily deal promotions.
- A proven hungry closer who loves the startup life.
What to Expect:
- Intro Call: You’ll hop on a quick call with the hiring manager so we can get to know you better — and you can learn a little more about the role.
- Homework Assignment: We send over a quick exercise that challenges you to solve a problem and come up with a creative solution. Get a feel for what you’ll be doing on a daily basis!
- Remote-Team Interview: You’ll be meeting with 7 team members on a video call. This is your chance to ask questions and see who this role interacts with on a daily basis.
- Final Video Call: This is a great opportunity to get to know our President over video.
- Offer: We send over an offer and you (hopefully) accept! Welcome to Stack!
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Competitive Compensation Package: Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook or traditional PC Thinkpad set up, whatever you prefer to crush it in your role
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done
- Unlimited Vacation: Take time to unwind
- Learning Budget: Dollars towards eLearning courses, eBooks, and more
- WFH Office: Home office stipend and internet dollars to set you up for success
- Events: Weekly happy hours, company trips, team bonding budgets, quarterly company “Hack Days”, monthly birthday celebrations, and team culture events (even while remote!)
By the numbers...
- We’ve paid our publisher and merchant partners $150+ million and counting!
- We’ve been a profitable business from day 1.
- We work with 1k+ media publishers including Mashable, TMZ, CNN, NY Post, & others.
- We’ve been a ‘BuiltinLA Best Place to Work in LA’ for 2 years straight.
- We’re currently a fully-remote team with 110 teammates. Are you next?
StackCommerce is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.