Renewals Manager, Mid-Market at Drift
Drift is the Conversational Marketing platform that combines chat, email, video, and automation to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to generate more revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the team
This team is heavily focused on expanding and renewing customers by engaging with customers early-on, before subscription renewals. The health of the existing customer base is crucial when retaining the dollars that have already been closed. We work alongside the Customer Success Manager and Account Managers to drive adoption and user engagement, which will aid in the efforts for the Renewal team to grow the account.
About the role
- Driving the qualification, quoting, and Salesforce processes to bring renewals to a close.
- Identify customer needs and demonstrate account management capabilities to guide renewal closure.
- Own and execute win/win negotiation strategies for a variety of renewals that maximize contract value while protecting and enhancing customer trust.
- Understand Drift’s Licensing Model to provide Customer assistance in licensing discussions.
- Maintain and update a rolling forecast of your territory and communicate any renewal risk to internal resources in order to develop resolution strategies.
- Leverage customer data and behavior to assess the health of each renewal.
- Support customer conversations around renewal readiness, timing, and general customer procurement inquiries.
- Collaborate with internal resources such as account executives, customer success, pricing, legal, revenue operations and product management to develop strategies for upcoming renewals.
- Maximize account growth by playing a role on the account team and helping to identify incremental opportunities upon contract renewal.
- Knowledgeable of Drift’s technology and what differentiates our products from our competitors to mitigate churn/at-risk renewals.
In one month you’ll
- Attend comprehensive organization training and learn the Drift story, how we work and our goals for the future
- Experience in-depth product training, contract handling, and
- Have 1:1 meetings with your direct manager and meet with other key players
- Shadow colleagues and start working on your own pitch and outreach cadence
- Learn to navigate and prioritize accounts
- Receive your book of accounts
By month 3 you’ll
- Master Drift product and have a good understanding of the industry
- Fully understand our internal ecosystem, billing/finance and be able to collaborate cross-functionally to provide a best in class sales process
- Continue to learn renewal & expansion tactics
- Build pipeline through well-crafted customer reviews and account engagement
- Prepare and present renewal presentations, executive summaries and successfully guide customers through the renewal process
- Work toward hitting a fully ramped renewal book of business
By month 6 you’ll
- Build and manage a strong book of customers and provide accurate expansion/renewal forecast through Salesforce
- Drive complex upgrades, cross-sells, expansion, and multi-year deals from initial contact through close; within a fast-paced environment
- Master conversational sales and marketing practices
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth
- Bring your thinking, strategy, and ideas to the team to advance our unique culture and vision for the future
About you and what type of skills you’ll need
- 5+ years demonstrated success in a Renewal Management and/or Account Management and/or Sales/Customer Success -- ideally within SaaS offerings.
- Experience managing customer retention and adoption of a SaaS product for complex/strategic accounts/territories.
- Participate in AM/CSM led business reviews, and lead Renewals Meetings as needed.
- Experience building relationships with peers and partners.
- Excellent customer management skills; including sales, account management, and customer service.
- Good customer management skills including sales, account management, and customer service.
- Personal initiative to identify areas of process improvement and efficiency.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong level of urgency, organization and prioritization skills.
- Strong process management, financial acumen and contractual engineering skills.
- Ability to react and adapt to potential rapid shifts in priorities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and quota achievement.
- SFDC, Dealhub, and Clari experience preferred.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected] #LI-Remote