Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
ABOUT THE TEAM
In this position, you will work with a small group of other self-motivated, high achieving sales professionals who enjoy helping small and medium-sized business owners grow their business through accepting payments, while more than likely, saving them money. You and the team will all report to the same experienced sales leader who is there simply to support the team in every way possible.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You will be representing the world's largest payments provider, primarily through leads given to you by several assigned bank branches. This is not cold calling. On a daily basis you will be inside bank locations spending time with branch managers and staff to develop solid relationships that will lead to increased revenue. You will also set appointments with small-to-medium-sized business owners to educate them on FIS products and services relating to payments.
- Develop and execute strategies for selling services to merchants in assigned territory.
- Identify new prospects and revenue opportunities for merchant services through referrals, lead lists, referrals from current merchants and self-sourcing
- Develop in-depth knowledge of products, value added services and pricing models of targeted merchants and recommend additional products and services to compliment businesses
- Utilize available resources to ensure merchant is properly set-up on FIS system, processing transactions and is initially billed according to agreement
- Respond promptly to prospect inquiries and requests, and prepare proposals, letters and presentations utilizing FIS resources
- Provide manager with regular reports and updates, both written and verbal, outlining prospect status, revenue and deal count achievement
- A 2+ year proven history of business-to-business sales success and relationship expertise
- Expert negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid decision-making and problem-solving skills, as well as analytical skills to determine client's business requirements
- Ability to remain calm under various levels of pressure
- Banking experience
- Merchant sales experience
- Competitive compensation plan with base salary, commission, residuals and bonuses, that will compensate you at your level of performance
- Attractive benefits package, including health insurance, 401K, Stock Purchase Plan, ample Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, Pet Insurance, and many more
- Outstanding opportunities for self-development and career growth
- A modern, international work environment and motivated team
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.