Regional Manager, Customer Success Enterprise Central (Remote Eligible) at Okta
The Regional Manager of Customer Success will be responsible for running and leading one of Okta’s teams of Customer Success Managers who are tasked with providing a high level of service, establishing and maintaining executive relationships with Okta’s customers, and ensuring Okta continues to deliver value to customers. You will be responsible for driving customer adoption and success through CSMs who provide oversight, adoption recommendations, find opportunities for greater service and mitigate risk. The success of this role means higher customer happiness, retention and expansion of Okta’s business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You lead a team of Okta’s Customer Success Managers who field requests from Customers, Sales, and Support to assist customers
- Manage some of the top customers in your territory with direct hands on customer responsibilities
- You'll actively engage customers we figure out need help based on our analytics, ensure our top accounts are monitored closely, and facilitate executive engagement
- We work closely with Sales and Renewals leadership to ensure prospect customers and existing customers are getting value from Okta and renew as well as working with Okta’s Big Data team to develop, review, and act upon metrics critical to reaching Okta’s objectives
- Effectively lead and participate in customer critical issues to ensure successful resolution
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline. Or Equivalent Experience.
- Similar background in Customer support, technical support, system administration or related customer facing role.
- Expertise supporting on both classic and modern web stacks
- Experience supporting REST APIs
- Real passion for solving issues and advocating for their success, in a dynamic, highly technical environment.
- You learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills in variety of forms(written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- You work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team.
- Excellent analytical and organizational abilities.
- Strong Analytical thinking, Attention to detail, Communication Proficiency, Leadership, Partnership, Customer Focus, Flexibility, Supervisory Responsibility, and Problem Solving skillsets
- Exhibits confidence and an deep understanding of emerging industry practices when solving business problems
- Identifies critical issues with ease
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and customer mindsets.
- Years of supervisory management, customer success, and experience in a SaaS organization
- Broad knowledge and a deep understanding of Identity and Access Management (IAM) and the Security industry
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on‐premise IT landscape
- Experience in consulting and implementation of IT systems preferably cloud service and/or identity management
- Knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security and cutting‐edge infrastructures
- Specialized training on support, SAML, security preferred
- Application programming and system support experience is strongly preferred
- Agreeable and willing to be a hands‐on contributor
- Excellent communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management
- You've lead or showcase Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes, Planning, Analyzing Information, Developing Standards, Help Desk, Service Excellence
- Experience working with SaaS vendors such as Box, Google Apps, NetSuite, Salesforce, ServiceNow and Workday preferred
- Ability to travel up to 35%
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.