Regional Director, Renewals at A Cloud Guru
We are looking for an ambitious, operationally-minded, data-oriented leader who will be responsible for managing and renewing a large portfolio of customer contracts. The regional Director of Renewals will lead a team of Renewal Managers responsible for achieving world-class gross and net retention for large volumes of customer accounts. We are looking for someone who is passionate about identifying, recruiting, hiring, managing and elevating talented team members as they grow in their careers. This person will be accountable for all aspects of this team, including helping team members ramp into their role and gain comfort with our product offerings, coaching them in negotiation tactics and renewal strategy, and helping to optimize the renewal process for our customers. You will play a key role in our company's strategy and in helping us accomplish our goals. You and your team will provide critical customer feedback to help our team and other Pluralsight stakeholder groups better understand the needs of this unique customer group. This role reports into our Global VP of Renewals.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leading and managing in a software sales or retention role. This person must be comfortable and eager to lead with data and analytics, and must understand the nuances of B2B software and recurring revenue motions. The ideal candidate has experience recruiting, managing and motivating individual contributors in a sales or retention position. This person will have exceptional communication skills and must be comfortable in a results driven environment. Ideal candidates will have experience optimizing renewal motions, forecasting against sales or retention targets, and negotiating and closing customer contracts.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about developing people and delivering results
- You are an amazing communicator and effective influencer with organizational and strategic thinking skills. People trust and follow you.
- Persistent Problem-Solver- You understand our business goals, can adapt as the business changes, and find ways to create solutions for your team and customers
- You have extreme ownership of your business
- You are competitive with yourself, yet collaborative with other team members up, down, and across the business
- You have the ability to listen, think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
- You are self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously
- You are an inquisitive, critical thinker who is always looking for how things can work better
- Eye-on-the-prize kinda person- You love to win, just like the other Sales and Success teams you collaborate with.
What you'll own:
- Meet and exceed renewal targets - Guide your team to renew customer contracts and meet or exceed Gross Retention targets. Coach your teams to partner effectively with our sales organization to also drive Net Retention for this portfolio. Collaborate with teammates in the renewal team, within Customer Success, and beyond to optimize the customer experience.
- Own your business - Be fully accountable for every aspect of your customer portfolio as if you truly owned this business. Maintain accuracy of SFDC data and data integrity across any other repository / platform. Run effective team meetings. Be accountable and help create a culture of accountability within this organization. Be accountable for negotiated non-standard contractual terms and conditions. Manage your team's upstream activity to ensure successful downstream performance. Be accurate in your forecasts. Travel on an as-needed basis to meet with your dispersed team members.
- Be a trusted partner - Partner effectively and cross-functionally with teams supporting this customer segment (Customer Success CoE, Retention Marketing, Data Science, RSO, Product, People Ops, Enablement, etc.). Collaborate with your partners in the sales organization with a team-first approach. Advocate on behalf of your customers where needed. Provide input and guidance to our enablement team to optimize the onboarding experience for new team members.
- Lead your team - Recruit, hire, train and manage your team of Renewal Managers. Help your team members grow and be aware of their varied career goals, articulate growth opportunities to them that meet their needs. Foster learning and development and provide opportunities for team members to grow through expanded responsibilities, mobility and leadership roles. Conduct recurring team meetings, 1-on-1s and quarterly business reviews as well as less formal employee touchpoints.
- Embrace technology tools - Leverage the technology tools provided to you to increase the success, repeatability, and scalability of the customer renewal motion.
Experience you'll need:
- Track record of exceeding performance targets as an individual contributor and sales / renewal leader
- Experienced in negotiations
- Experience managing a large volume of accounts a plus
- Solution sales experience a plus
- Negotiation of non-standard contractual terms and conditions
- Understanding of a SaaS sales and renewal cycle - forecasting, communicating, negotiating, closing
- Experience leading dispersed team members
- Strong operational mindset and ability to execute against specified targets
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and an ability to simplify business challenges and create actionable solutions
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 5 years of B2B Saas experience and a minimum of 3 years as a software sales / renewal leader or equivalent experience
Ideally what you've done:
- Sold or renewed enterprise software solutions agreements to IT, Learning, and Engineering, and tech leader decision makers within the Engineering Org
- Negotiated with customer procurement teams to sell or renew B2B SaaS products
- Have a demonstrable, successful track record of meeting and exceeding performance targets as an individual contributor and sales / renewal leader
- Proven track record of managing a large portfolio of small- / medium-sized customers and handling a heavy volume of business
- Proven track record of recruiting, training/developing and retaining high-performing talent
- Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously
- Strong operational and analytical abilities
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.