Upside is a high-growth retail technology company driving hundreds of millions of dollars in proven profit to brick and mortar businesses. Unlike the many apps and services that provide discounts to consumers but actually hurt retailer profitability, Upside is the only two-sided marketplace platform that provides proven incremental profit to retailers. Tens of thousands of retailers nationwide are seeing a 52% ROI on average—results that have been independently audited by Fortune 500 and third party analytics companies. On the consumer side of the marketplace, millions of users power $2 billion in purchases through the Upside platform every year. They use our top-rated mobile app to see 2 to 3 times more value on their purchases than with any other product. By helping people and businesses do better, communities grow stronger. Upside is venture-backed by some of the best names in venture, including Bessemer Venture Partners, Data Collective, and Formation 8.
Meet the Sales Team:
Our sales team is a driven, solution-focused, and diverse group of individuals who work to bring new merchants onto our Upside platform. We are passionate about the work we do and excited about the future that we're building. And we never forget to have fun while we're doing it!
About the Job:
Upside is growing and in search of a proven Regional Sales professional to drive growth in key territories, establish and exceed quotas and goals, and provide mentorship and guidance to the sales team. This is a ground floor opportunity to be part of a company that is revolutionizing how personalized pricing can drive revenue for merchants in a scientific way.
What you’ll do:
- Grow the Upside marketplace by adding regional restaurant merchants (Franchises, local chains, etc)
- Drive sales to prospect companies through strategic conversations at all levels within these organizations
- Implement effective sales strategies, pipeline management, and KPI to drive your territory’s success
- Represent Upside at Regional and National Trade shows
- Work Cross-functionally within Sales organization, Marketing, & Operations
What you need:
- 5-7 years of sales experience
- Successful record of achieving/exceeding quotas
- Proven track record of critical metric implementation to assure sales performance
- Ability to adapt, overcome objections, and present solutions
- A history of success building and scaling sales teams from early stage to high growth, with start-up experience desired
- Experience using Salesforce preferred
- Excellent listening, negotiating, writing, and presentation skills
- A great teammate that thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Understanding industry trends and landscapes with experience in selling Restaurant franchises or Regional Restaurants a plus
- Experience selling SaaS (Software as a Service) is a Plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
The fine print:
- Upside has offices in Washington, D.C., Austin, and Chicago. This role may sit in any of those locations or fully remote - it's up to you!
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here, come join us!#LI-MJ1